• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wicht: Thanks!

Sabaron

First Post
A proposal in the chat room: That any money used to bribe judges in the Tourney be used to empower the real item reward at the end. Excess would be wasted.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

graydoom

First Post
If Wicht is OK with this, I like the idea. The real item just gained 4 yen....

And will most likely soon be gaining more :D.

Wicht

Hero
Ok - just this once ;)

And what are you going to do about no shows? My challenge has been waiting for about 9 hours...

Sabaron

First Post
Thanks Wicht!

Well, the fight started as soon as you created the thread. If he doesn't show up 24 hours from that time, he forfeits. Whether this should count as a normal forfeit or merely a tourney forfeit is once again a question for you.

I favor normal forfeit, as people knew this was coming and signed up for it.

Wicht

Hero
Well I would favor a normal forfeit in this sort of situation myself, though I gotta admit it has the appearance of being self-serving at this juncture.

Berandor

lunatic
I don't like what I do right now, but I'm afraid I must speak up against this decision.
In the tournament, a fighter without an item gets a real item. That's fine.
But he can get a fully powered up item?
If a tier 4 fighter wins, perhaps (depending on the yen) with 4 powers?
Even one power would mean 5 more yen!

I have paid 5 of my 7 yen for a real item, and because I did, I miss out on the chance to get an item worth several more yen for free!

That is a very bad idea, imo, and penalizes those who have started spending their money on their items.

This is not to go against the fighters in the tourny, though by speaking against this decisiion it does in a way penalize them, too.

But I really wouldn't think it fair.

Berandor

I'm with Berandor. It seems very generous to me, too.

I'm not so much against the fact that the item'll be worth more than 5 ¥, but yen spend bribing judges should not be regainable - in one form or another - by winning the fights. That way the Sashes have even more going for them.

Remove ads