Will these gun varents work well

Will these work

• They work as is.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • They need some work and here what id do.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Dont us them there not worth it.

Votes: 2 40.0%

las

First Post
Ive ben thingking about some gun varents based off the DMG this is how theyl look.

Gnome Pistol
Size Small
Cost 300 gp
Damage 1d8
Critical 18-20/X2
Range Increment 75ft.
Weight 2 lb.
Type Piercing

Gnome Musket
Size Medium
Cost 600 gp
Damage 1d10
Critical 18-20/X2
Range Increment 175ft.
Weight 8lb.
Type Piercing

Dwarven Pistol
Size Small
Cost 300 gp
Damage 1d8
Critical X4
Range Increment 65ft.
Weight 4lb.
Type Piercing

Dwarven Musket
Size medium
Cost 550 gp
Damage 1d10
Critical X4
Range Increment 140ft.
Weight 12lb.
Type Piercing

Double Musket
Size Medium
Cost 1000 gp
Damage 2d4
Critical X5
Range Increment 200ft.
Weight 20lb.
Type Piercing
Special: this take two stander achins (or one round) to reload unlike the standered musket.
Special: When you cach your opponet flat footed this weapon deals an extra 1d4 points of damage.

Last edited:

wolfpunk

First Post
Well I think you need some more information. Are the reload times standard? Why is it that all versions do the same initial damage. Perhaps you should make some variation. I offer up some variances in the pistols such as having one do 1d4, and the other pistol do 1d6. Have one musket do 1d8 and one do 1d10. You have differences in critical hit multiplier. So perhaps higer crit damage with the lower base damage weapons. You could offset the weapons also by offering different prices in ammunition.

wolfpunk

First Post
hmm for the gnome pistol I would call it a

compactshortrangeprojectilelaunchingbodypenetratingweapondesignedtohuntsmallrabbits

but that might be a bit long

las

First Post
Yes they use the standered load time and I may add differing amo. Can I see some of the one you came up with we might work together on this so we can have plenty of viirty of fire arms do you agre wolfpunk.

wolfpunk

First Post
I have not used firearms before in a campaign, however I am considering them in my new homebrew campaign.

There will be the standard pistol and musket of human design.

The dwarves will have masterwork pistols and muskets. The dwarven weapons will have actual names, they will be items of legend and as such there will be a history with each one. I am having 12 pistols and 8 muskets of dwarven origin. Of which some have names like "Bloodletter", "Blackthorn", and "Stoneshatter"

The gnomes will have a repeating pistol, basically a revolver, with a three shot cylinder. I am going to borrow a 2nd edition term and call it a starwheel.

las

First Post
Thank i was using so rules I fond on the old furms to make them. Like I sugened you and me can work on a bunch of them.

Remove ads