• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Will you buy 4th edition?

Will you buy 4th edition?

• I will buy it sight unseen

Votes: 222 50.9%
  • I might buy it, after initial reviews

Votes: 74 17.0%
  • I probably will not buy it, but might eventually

Votes: 75 17.2%
  • I absolutely will not buy it

Votes: 43 9.9%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 22 5.0%

EricNoah

Adventurer
I wonder if the poll's location in the 4E forum automatically makes the results skewed. By this time there may be 3x holdouts who don't routinely come here to vote on polls or read threads.

Sylrae

First Post
actually yesterday was the first time i even looked at the 4e forum. Ive been using the site pretty heavy for the past bit but I usually stick to the houserules section looking for new material for 3.5 and getting opinions on my own new material.

Jinete

Explorer
If they keep the Golden Wyvern, Lighting Panther Strike, Dragonborn, Tiefling, force their fluff down my throat, I will make sarcastic remarks, use ridiculous metaphors to point out how it sucks, and complain until I'm blue in the face.

And then buy 4th edition.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Despite my unwavering apprehension about 4E, I have the core rules on pre-order.

I don't like the direction the game is headed, but some of the ideas are really catching my eyes. If buying 4E enriches my 3E homebrew, I'll be a happy camper.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
EricNoah said:
I wonder if the poll's location in the 4E forum automatically makes the results skewed. By this time there may be 3x holdouts who don't routinely come here to vote on polls or read threads.

Have you been keeping up with the threads in this forum? I assure you, the 4e doubters have not left the forum. If anything, they are louder and more frequent in their postings.

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
EricNoah said:
A not-insignificant part of the 3.x hold out from here have already moved to the paizo forums and have left enworld behind. They feel unwelcome here.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Mistwell said:
Have you been keeping up with the threads in this forum? I assure you, the 4e doubters have not left the forum. If anything, they are louder and more frequent in their postings.
*salutes*

As I'm starting to be. For a while after 4E was announced I took a hiatus from posting for many reasons. However, I find my love for 3.5 intensified with the snippets of 4E that are forthcoming.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
dmccoy1693 said:
A not-insignificant part of the 3.x hold out from here have already moved to the paizo forums and have left enworld behind. They feel unwelcome here.
There may be a certain truth to this, but trust me, I'm one avid 3.5er and I'm not leaving. I'm sure there are plenty 3Eers at least lurking.

Remove ads