Votes: 75 17.2%
  • I absolutely will not buy it

Votes: 43 9.9%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 22 5.0%

Odhanan

Adventurer
EricNoah said:
I wonder if the poll's location in the 4E forum automatically makes the results skewed. By this time there may be 3x holdouts who don't routinely come here to vote on polls or read threads.

dmccoy1693 said:
A not-insignificant part of the 3.x hold out from here have already moved to the paizo forums and have left enworld behind. They feel unwelcome here.

Both correct. In any case, I don't believe we have any way of knowing whether these results are accurate or not.

vagabundo

Adventurer
I'm excited about the new edition. My game needs some streamlined rules and a new focus on Story, not combat mechanics.

The fluff changes dont bother me greatly or are really interesting to me...

Navior

First Post
In the original poll I voted that I probably wouldn't buy it. In this poll, that's gone down to absolutely will not buy it. Not everything I've seen about 4e has been terrible, but nothing has stood out enough to make me think it's worthwile to abandon 3.5, which I've invested a lot of money in. And the fluff changes, I've just found annoying. Yes, it's easy to change fluff, but it's even easier to stay with 3.5 and not have to change anything.

BryonD

Hero
Mistwell said:
Have you been keeping up with the threads in this forum? I assure you, the 4e doubters have not left the forum. If anything, they are louder and more frequent in their postings.
Yeah, I think *we* are a very much vocal minority. I think a lot of people who passed through out of curiosity right after the announcement are gone.

I'm still around only because I still so strongly WANT to be pro-4E. WotC just keeps making it very difficult for me.

Wisdom Penalty

First Post
What's interesting to me is that the percentage of "I will buy it sight unseen" has nearly doubled from the initial announcement of 4E until now. Obviously, the poll isn't "scientific" - but it may merit the supposition that a majority of gamers have liked what they heard about 4E more than they liked hearing it was forthcoming.

A positive trend such as that seems to indicate greater optimism for 4E and I find that equally interesting, as I was under the impression there was a negative vibe about 4E - which, in light of the facts, was probably generated from a number of similarly negative posts by the same core of passionate 3X folks.

As for me, I'll buy it. I hope I'll use it. But I'd imagine it'll be a group decision, as it should be, once myself and my players are informed. To declare absolutes one way or another, as so many of us seem to be doing, seems to be too much of a knee-jerk reaction based on emotion rather than rationalized thoughts.

Moonshade

First Post
I might buy it, after initial reviews; initial reviews being my DMs who will let me know whether or not they like it enough to want to switch to 4E.

Remove ads