D&D 3E/3.5 Will you still play 3.5?

Ahglock

First Post
I don't know if I am making the switch. When I first hear about I was fairly sure I would. I like a lot of the ideas they are shooting for in 4e. I doubt I'll run a 3.x game again I'd run basic before that, unless everyone was clamoring for it. My current group has a I never even wanted to give 3x a shot type, its all about basic D&D, so he will play 3x only because that is what everyone else is playing so I doubt ill get overwhelmed with 3e requests. I'd play it in a second, the rules of a RPG have rarely detracted from my enjoyment as a player.

Don't know why but what I really want to run is earthdawn. I haven't played it in years and now I want to run that, maybe I'll see if I can run a earthdawn game using 4e rules. So if after years of it being on the shelf now I'm enthused about it, why would I say never to 3.x or get rid of the books. Sure right now I got no desire to run a game of it, but 5 years from now I may really want to run it.

joela

First Post
it's the opposite

Halivar said:
For those making the switch: are you going to keep your 3.5 books? How often do you see yourself pulling them back out?

I'm definitely keeping all my books and 3.5e material because my fellow DMs and players want to continue playing! There's only a few of us at this time who are even willing to play 4e. I envision that, for at least a year, I'll be playing in both systems (and I have no problems with that :D ).

Spinachcat

First Post
Not only have I burned all my 3e books and every 3e book owned by my gaming group, but every night I sneak into a gamer's homes and burn their 3e books just to cleanse this world of the D20 abomination.

Aaah, cleansing fire!! Burn worthless filth burn!!

Actually, I really love my Midnight books and until they release Midnight for 4e, I will be keeping those books for source material. Gotta love that "LotR gone Bad" vibe and bloodlines are the coolest innovation in RPG for a while.

Same with the Creature Collection books. What wonderful monsters! The only books I kept from 2e were my Planescape, Ravenloft and Dark Sun stuff. For 1e, I still have everything and they ain't going nowhere.

I may just have to hunt down Spelljammer stuff for a 4e conversion.

SaffroN

First Post
Halivar said:
For those making the switch: are you going to keep your 3.5 books? How often do you see yourself pulling them back out?
luckily, I joined 3.5 just as 4e was announced. So, I don't have a substantial investment to walk away from. Actually just the PHB.

I see myself pulling out the 3.5 PHB whenever i get cold Or if i need to throw something heavy at someone. I might use it as a paperweight. Hell, its got its uses. One thing is for sure though. I'm not gonna use it to play 3.5.

The Human Target

Adventurer
I plan on keeping all my books, even if I haven't used them much in the last year+ and probably won't play more than one or two 3.5 games for the rest of my life.

JahellTheBard

First Post
I think i will keep playing 3.5 for a while ... it is not perfect, but i like it ... and as long as now, i cannot see in 4 ed. nothing so cool to make me switch .. maybe i will reconsider it when all the books will be out ...

AllisterH

First Post
Definitely will be playing 3.x if offered. Will even DM just short adventures but probably not an entire campaign.

Of course I'm going to keep my 3.x books (kept my 2nd ed books) since there always is some crunch/fluff I can use in the latter editions.

Remove ads