2E Will's AD&D 2nd Edition - Who knows where it will go!

William Smith1

Explorer
Following Jhary's lead, Luis also does not mention the "contest" saying, "Yes, I think we are almost there, let's get there today and start taking care of those Kobolds!"
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Aego arches one eyebrow as both Luis and Jhary pointedly don't say anything about their competition. The elf looks at his other companions, but decides not to say anything at this moment unless they do, too.

"Give me a moment," the elven wizard says as he closes his spellbook he had been studying while eating and places it in his backpack with his other stuff. Then he swings it over his shoulder and grabs his staff.

"I'm ready."
 

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Jhary and mouse march ahead until they reach the outskirts of Bobby Bard's residence.

Jhary, without asking, will go ahead of the party stealthily. (Please roll my hide, move silently, lock picking if necessary.)
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"So what's the plan?" Dorana asks as Jhary slips away. "Okay, I guess that's the plan. We follow him immediately. No telling what his agenda actually is." Dorana follows after Jhary about sixty feet behind him. (If the others don't follow she turns and gives them a C'mon look.)
 

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Jhary will try to scamper ahead, climb any walls, and check out the front area of Bobby Bard's residence before the others get too close.

He's trying to find any useful information, tricks or traps, or any sign of kobolds.

He doesn't look back as he picks up the pace of his little legs.
 

William Smith1

Explorer
Jhary sees what looks very much like the entrance to a Hobbit hole. There is an earthen berm completely grown over with clover, there is a round wooden door about 5 feet in diameter. Standing just outside the door holding a spear is a Kobold wearing leather armor. The Kobold seems alert and serious about guarding the door. It does not seem that the Kobold has noticed Jhary.
 

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Jhary ducked back quickly behind an overgrown hedge as soon as he saw the kobold sentry. The little white mouse squeaked almost silently, also ducking, in Jhary's shirt pocket.

The hobbit held his hand up, glancing back toward the party about sixty feet back or so. He put one finger to his lips, signaling quiet.

(Jhary will attempt to skirt the edge of the berm, to make sure there's no other guards lurking around nearby. Once that's complete he'll pad back toward the group and try to negotiate everyone around the hill, then over the top behind the kobold blocking the door, sneaky-like and all together.)
 

William Smith1

Explorer
Jhary skirts around the edge and backside of the berm and finds no other guards and does not seem to have alerted the sentry. He arrives back at the group awaiting their actions.
 

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Once he was in sight of the party again, Jhary motioned for them to follow. He kept his finger on his lips and made a wide motion pointing toward the back edge of the overgrown hilltop.

The hobbit glanced back again for a moment, just to make sure they still hasn't been seen.

(Jhary stands ready to go over the hill together as a group to get the drop on the mobiles sentry.)
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Aego crouches near the halfling, but does not move. The elf raises his eyebrows, then motions to Jhary, crosses a finger across his throat, and then points in the general direction of the kobold guard.

Then he smiles at Jhary slightly challengingly.

OOC: I'm back! But beside Jhary and the DM, where's the rest?
 

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Jhary, assuming the others will follow and attack enmass, moved over the hillock and attacked the kobold sentry with short sword.

(We'll miss you greenmountain. Jhary's attack roll was 5. Can't remember how to calculate with THACO and all that. Fairly certain that's a miss, no matter how you calculate. 😬🤓😜)

"Oh! Flibberty-gibbet!" The hobbit screamed.

The little white mouse also squeaked.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Muttering a curse under his breath when the halfling attacks -- the elf would've preferred less aggressive tactics -- Aego moves behind Jhary and throws the dagger that once belonged to a travelling human minstrel at the kobold. The fine blade flies over the hobbit's head, straight at the sentry...

OOC: What with THAC0 and all, I lack the instinct to know whether my attack roll hits. The THAC0 for the dagger is 19, so with my roll of 16 (is that modified by my high Dex?) I think I hit AC 3, for 3 points of damage.

Wait, that sounds like a very good roll. :)

Aego dagger attack:
1D20 = [16] = 16
1D4 = [3] = 3

OOC: Sorry to see you go, @Greenmtn!
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
OOC: Thanks guys. Just so much going on in life right now. Mostly good stuff, just too much of it to keep it all going and do it well. Thank you for understanding.
 

William Smith1

Explorer
Aego's dagger whizzes past Jhary's ear as Jhary swings wildly and misses the kobold. Aego's dagger finds its mark and buries itself in the kobold's guts. The kobold lets out a feeble scream and drops to the ground apparently dead.
 

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Jhary scrambles over the top of the mound. The little white mouse scurried down his leg to sniff at the kobold corpse. Likewise, the hobbit bent to search the corpse then turned to the door. (Detect traps on door, then pick lock if Jhary thinks it's clear.)
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Moving up to the prone kobold, Aego cautiously watches for any signs of life from the apparently dead kobold before attempting to reclaim his dagger. The elf does not take his eyes off the creature, for fear of it not being dead and striking out at the vulnerable wizard. He does, however, shrugs in response to Dorana, indicating he doesn't know if there are more guards.
 

Advertisement

Top