• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wing and Sword: a d20 Modern military campaign [METAGAME]

знаток

First Post
The Shaman said:
Now as far as being the commo guy: I wrote first two adventures around the idea that the four characters are the grenadier-voltigeurs in a section assault team. Your character could definitely be the section radio instead, however. Bear in mind that you will need to be glued to the sergeant's hip - I can definitely make the encounters work this way, so that's not an issue for me, but it may cut into some of your personal heroics while providing interesting opportunities for roleplay. Are you up for that?

I'm up for it, given that you believe my skills reflect the proficiency and that Vidal won't suffer any advancement handicaps or be frequently separated from the squad. I don't want to be playing a separate mission, if you know what I mean. If that's all cool, consider this my affirmative answer.

Barak

First Post
Hmm.. The dice roller thingie doesn't seem to work for me. Do I need a user name or something?

As an aside, what's the coding to imbed a link into something else?

Will post when able to do the rolling. :(

Edit: fixed all problems. :)

Hmm. We decide wether or not to use an action point after we roll, right? So.. Oh yeah, with the database thing, it'll show.

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
The Shaman said:
Important note: Please remember to use the Vacuum Elemental dice roller. When called upon to make a check, it would be helpful if you could link your database page with the results - for example:

Jump check: 22
Reflex save: 8 + 6 for 1 AP = 14
Spot check: 16

If you're having any problems using the dice roller or linking to the database, please let me know.

Just checking to see how this rolling thing works...

Marcel rolls for Jump check

http://krisinchico.brinkster.net/searchroll.asp?username=Marcel#142469

EDIT: I can't use the slick little link thing from home, my buttons are broken with this browser for some reason.

Last edited:

Barak

First Post
Dunno nothing 'bout buttons, I do it long-hand..

replace the { with the actual brackets (basically a { without using the shift key.

{url=link address}whatever you want it to be, the number in this case{/url}

that will give you whatever you want it to be, the number in this case
but clicking on it will send ya to the link.

Bobitron

Explorer
Barak said:
Dunno nothing 'bout buttons, I do it long-hand..

replace the { with the actual brackets (basically a { without using the shift key.

{url=link address}whatever you want it to be, the number in this case{/url}

that will give you whatever you want it to be, the number in this case
but clicking on it will send ya to the link.

Thanks! I'll try that next time:)

The Shaman

First Post
знаток said:
I'm up for it, given that you believe my skills reflect the proficiency and that Vidal won't suffer any advancement handicaps or be frequently separated from the squad. I don't want to be playing a separate mission, if you know what I mean. If that's all cool, consider this my affirmative answer.
Cool...this will be a new wrinkle...heh-heh-heh...

One of the really cool things about play-by-post is that unlike tabletop games, if one player is doing something separately from the others, it's still easy to manage since everything takes place 'simultaneously' - you don't have three other players sitting around waiting for 'their turn.' That said, don't worry, you will not be off on your own adventures - this is easy enough to work in, and adds an interesting element to the game for me as GM.

On your equipment list drop the MAS-49/56 rifle and ammo and replace it with the M50 pistol plus 4 box mags instead - stats are as follows:
M50 9mm semi-auto pistol
Dmg: 2d6 - Critical: 20
Rng: 30
RoF: S
Mag: 9 box
Wt: 2 lb.

Also add one Motorola SRC-300 radio - the only relevant stat for now is:
Wt: 24 lb.

On later missions you'll be carrying an M-1 carbine as well, but since this is 'just' a training jump and speed is of the essence...

Speaking of the mission...

EXCELLENT FIRST POSTS! :) As soon as знаток posts his numbers, I'll let you know what you see on the way down...

Sounds like all of the posting difficulties worked themselves out - shadowbloodmoon had a hot streak right from the giddyup, which is always fun.

Barak

First Post
EXCELLENT FIRST POSTS! As soon as знаток posts his numbers, I'll let you know what you see on the way down...

Bah. I can already -tell- you what Normand saw. The inside of his eyelids! I guess he was scared or something, and closed his eyes. Only way to explain a spot check of 4 :)

Good thing we had those hero points, eh Bobitron?

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Language text

I was going to ask, did you want us to have a different color for when we speak another language? I was going to use color anyway, but didn't want to have to differentiate in the middle of one of Pyotr's sentences. I was thinking something like:

Russian
German
French

Just thought I'd ask. I know there may not be much chance for him to use his native or German, but just in case...

Bobitron

Explorer
Barak said:
Good thing we had those hero points, eh Bobitron?

Agree with that! Marcel is a fan of nurses, but doesn't want to see the inside of the hospital if he can avoid it. I had a fear of rolling a one after adding the die, but it all worked out OK.

The Shaman

First Post
shadowbloodmoon said:
I was going to ask, did you want us to have a different color for when we speak another language? I was going to use color anyway, but didn't want to have to differentiate in the middle of one of Pyotr's sentences. I was thinking something like:

Russian
German
French

Just thought I'd ask. I know there may not be much chance for him to use his native or German, but just in case...
That's a great idea! Sure, go ahead.

Germans enlisted heavily in the Legion after the war - lots of ex-Wehrmacht guys joined up. The NPCs in the game reflect this - 'nuff said.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads