Wing and Sword: Life During Wartime

Bobitron

Explorer
Marcel catches Angelique's gaze turn as she walks past the wall and groans inwardly at the sight of the prisoner on the ground. Stupid, Marcel. Very stupid. He turns her back to the prisoner and faces Sgt. Müller, dropping down into a crouch and bringing the girl to rest behind the stone wall. "Sgt. Müller, this is Angelique. She was in the stables, brave little thing. Normand called out, he has somebody out there. Should I move to him?"

Last edited:

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Pyotr stays where he is, trying to see what Normand is up to. He is tempted to dig out his rifle to look through his scope, but denies himself, waiting to see what is going on.

The Shaman

First Post
Müller glances down at Marcel and the little girl. “No, take care of her for now.” Apparently Angelique’s reaction was not lost on the platoon sergeant, as he continues, “David, get him out of here – take him over to the barn.”

Nedjar responds by grabbing the prisoner by his wire-bound wrists and yanking him to his feat, then leading him by the arm across the farmyard to the barn, past where Pyotr crouches watchfully.

Angelique continues to clutch at Marcel’s smock as the medic moves her away along the wall. “Where’s mommy? I want my mommy now!” she repeats in a hoarse whisper as she glimpses the blasted windows that once looked out from her family’s dining room.

- / -​

The grizzled farmer tilts his head slightly at Normand, then says, “Sling your rifles, boys.” All three slip the rifles over their shoulders, and Mantz, the farmer, holds out his hands as if to say, Happy now?

From over Normand’s shoulder come footsteps followed by the voice of Sgt. Katsourianis. Légionnaire Mador, report?”

Mantz quickly interjects, “We’re UT, sergent. Name’s Mantz, and these here’re my sons. That’s our place ’cross th’ road.”

The section leader’s face is expressionless as he steps forward, next to Normand, his MAT-49 in his hands. “I see,” he says. “You know the family here?” he asks.

“O’ course,” Mantz replies, “Joseph Rubiera, an’ his wife an’ kids.” He pauses a moment, then continues, “They dead?”

The sergent nods. “There are four bodies in the basement, and two more in the farmhands’ quarters.” The Greek gestures toward the road to the west. “And three dead gendarmes over there.”

The farmer shakes his head. Putain melons,” he answers matter-of-factly. “Knew it would come t’ this sooner or later. Can’t trust ’em.” Mantz seems about to continue when the sound of engines can be heard approaching and headlights cut through the darkness along the road from town. A trio of vehicles draw near, then turn up the drive, advancing slowly and drawing abreast of where Normand, the sergent, and the pieds-noirs stand waiting.

In the lead is a Dodge command car, with the markings of the gendarmerie nationale, followed by a pair of deuce-and-a-halfs. The command car stops and a mustached figure in a blue uniform and combat harness leans across from the passenger seat. “I’m Capitaine LaCroix,” he snaps, drawing a salute from the legionnaires. “Who’s in command here?”

Sergent-chef Müller, mon capitaine,” Kat replies. He turns to Normand. Légionnaire, go get Sgt. Müller at the farmhouse,” he orders.

Barak

First Post
After giving the arriving gendarmes a look, Normand answers his sergant.

"Sure thing, sarge."

Jogging to the farmhouse, the légionnaire enters it, and quickly finds sergant Müller.

"Sarge, you're needed at the gate. A trio of UTs showed up, and now there's some gendarmes, led by a captain LaCroix, who wants to see the légionnaire-in-charge."

The Shaman

First Post
Sgt. Müller is standing at the gate to the farmhouse when Normand hurries up. “Radio, on me,” he says to Vidal, then continues to Normand and Marcel, “You two stay here and keep an eye on her,” tilting his head toward Angelique.

The sergent-chef strides quickly toward the men gathered around the trucks – the headlights illuminate both gendarmes in their blue uniforms and olive drab webbing and helmets and more Legion paras, including the tall, athletic form of Lt. Ramadier, who is talking with Sgt. Katsourianis. As he passes Pyotr’s position, Müller orders the Ukrainian to fall back to the farmhouse as well.

Angelique is sobbing, tugging at the medic’s arms, as Pyotr, Normand, and Marcel find themselves standing together in front of the battered farmhouse.

Barak

First Post
Et merde, a little kid here. This sucks.

Normand drops to a knee in front of the little girl, and tries one of his goofy grins on her.

"So what's your name? Jonathan, maybe? Me, they call me Sarah. Yeah I know, it's weird. I look more like a Monique."

OOC:
Diplomacy check to try and get her to cheer up, maybe?
check= 2
Crap, I should have left her alone.

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Pyotr nods at Sergeant Muller as he heads back to the farmhouse. Noticing the officers, he is curious but decides to leave well enough alone. Hearing Normand's attempts to cheer up the girl, he smiles and claps him on the shoulder, "You know big guy, I think she's had enough for one day, n'est pas?"

I apologize here and now if my French is misspelled, it has been forever since I took French...

The Shaman

First Post
Angelique recoils from the hulking Frenchman and tugs hard against Marcel’s grip. Suddenly she squeals and the medic feels a sharp pain as the little girl bites down on his forearm.

Marcel: Opposed grapple check, please.

Bobitron

Explorer
"OUCH!" Marcel grabs at the girl. "Damn it, Normand! No more talking from you, you lout!" Marcel's expression is good-natured until he reaches out and tries to grab the girl and misses her sleeve, clutching thin air. "Merde!"

ooc: Hahaha, result is a 3.

Remove ads