Devil's Brigade - WWII - IC

Dracomeander

First Post
Hoffman looks over the situation and the open ground around the western nest.

"There's supposed to be three men in each nest, right? One good sniper shot will only take out one man before the others duck down, and a rush gets us all dead before we can close with even one MG even if it's firing blind.
"Do we have any quarterbacks or centerfielders here? It seems the western nest is a little close to the trees here. Someone with a good arm might be able to get a grenade into the nest so that we could take control of it before the other nests can send a response."

Ilium

First Post
Neumiller nods his ascent to Harris and Hoffman's plan. "Since it seems to be a bit too late for stealth I think the assault from the northwest sounds good," he observes.
"But I'm better with planting and making the booms rather than throwing them,"

Starman

Adventurer
"I'm your man for the sniper shot. If Harrison was here, he could lob our grenade. Since he isn't, anyone else'll do, I think." Harris says. "Whatever we do, we better get moving before they call for reinforcements or something."

Widowmaker

First Post
Munroe looks over "I can toss the grenade if the rest of you want to make the assualt. Remember its a smoke grenade. Let it build to a moment. Move fast and keep your head down."

"Once the other two nests hear the activity they are going to get excited. After taking down the first nest Nuemiller and Jakobsen stay there and cover the second nest. Harris and Hoffman you keep going. You head for the northeast corner and cover the nest on that side of the building. I will provide cover fire from here. Once you are in place I will head over." Munroe states.

"How does that sound?" Munroe asks.

Ilium

First Post
"Right," Neumiller says grimly. He quickly takes a bit of clean snow from near his boot and pops it in his suddenly dry mouth.

Last edited:

Dracomeander

First Post
"It's the best chance we've got."

Hoffman pauses to check that his gear is secure for a sprint, readies his carbine, then looks over.

"Ready when you are."

Widowmaker

First Post
Munroe grabs a smoke grenade off his belt and pulls the pin. He cooks it off (lets the spoon fly and holds it for a second) and then throws it as hard as possible. It lobbs through the air in a wobbling arc landing right in front of the machine gun nest.

As the grenade lands it starts pouring white smoke. A second later coughs can be heard hacking from inside the MG nest.

Munroe pulls up his rifle and aims it in the direction of the MG nest. "Go! Go! Go!" he tells you.

Suprise Round Intiative
Hoffman 12
Jakobsen 11
Nuemiller 11
Harris 10

Ilium

First Post
Hefting his rifle, Neumiller sprints across the open ground between him and the machine gun nest, trying to keep as low as he can while still moving fast.

OOC: Intend to use the nest for cover from the other nests. Question: According to the rules of the exercise, are the guys in the nest supposed to be dead, or not?

Remove ads