• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wing and Sword: Life During Wartime

Barak

First Post
Normand had simply shrugged with a grin at the nurse when the sergeant declares there was no need to ask him if he wanted to go. Bending down, he had whispered in her ear..

[sblock]"This way, maybe I'll get shot or something, and I can come see you again.."[/sblock]

And a little bit later, he finds himself in front of the Esso station..

OOC
Watch:8
Sneak: 12

Last edited:

The Shaman

First Post
Pauline's reply to Normand...[sblock]“I'd rather you came back in one piece, légionnaire,” she replies, softly running her fingers on the inside of Normand’s arm before moving to assist Dr. Bruzzi.[/sblock]

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Pyotr silently moves along with the group, looking for anything that might give them away. Finding little cover, he uses what shadows he can to hide in, keeping his hands close to the submachinegun he carries.

Sneak: (1d20+7=19)
Watch: (1d20+4=11)

Sorry for the lack of response last day or so.. Just trying to catch up on some things...

The Shaman

First Post
In the alley behind the service station, the legionnaires huddle by a low wooden fence enclosing the tiny garden of the house adjacent to the gas station. From somewhere inside the house Marcel can faintly hear the sound of music playing, a radio or a phonograph perhaps. A little light can be seen peeking around the curtain on the window in the back door, but otherwise the alley is in deep shadow.

Joder Cristo,” Sánchez whispers profanely. He cranes his neck slightly, carefully, attempting to peer around the corner of the fence at the yard of the Esso station. “I can’t see a putain thing. Everyone stay still.” The Spaniard immediately ignores his own direction and shifts his weight, first toward Ortu and then back to Marcel – a knee pops like a champagne cork as Le Vieux changes position, and he utters a small, frustrated grunt. “Silvio, Karel, watch the far end of the alley,” he says, his voice barely audible even above the faint sound of the music from across the garden.

Leaning back, he places his lips close to Marcel’s ear. “If shooting starts,” Sánchez says softly, carefully, “keep an eye on this house, okay? I don’t want some citizen to do something stupid like shoot at us by mistake. Understand?”

For Pyotr and Normand, the street at the front of the garage seems almost bright by contrast with the Stygian darkness in the alley. Starlight mixed with a faint glow from the streetlights along the main street a couple of blocks away provides a shadowy light that is dimly reflected in the glass panes of the large garage doors. The diffuse light isn’t strong enough to penetrate the deep shadows under the porte-cochere, however, where two gas pumps stand on a low island at the edge of the darkness. Through the windows of the garage doors themselves is an impenetrable inky blackness.

“Listen,” Sgt. Katsourianis whispers hoarsely, quickly, to the men kneeling on the dirt sidewalk at the front of the house, “we have to move fast, short runs. Stay low, watch the windows and doors. David, you and Burhan first. Near corner, then move to the far corner. Go.”

Nedjar and Pamuk run in a crouch to the corner of the building where a large tree stands. Both peer in the windows briefly, then quickly move along the front of the service station – Nedjar stops and crouches down in the shadows beneath the porte-cochere, disappearing into the dakness, while Pamuk continues to the far corner, peeking around the edge of the building.

“All right, you two now. And you,” the sergent says, pointing a finger at Normand’s chest, “it’s a gas station. No grenades. Now go.”

Cutting across the side alley, boots crunching on the dirt, the two replacements reach the corner of the garage, in the shadows beneath a leafy eucalyptus. In the shadows are a stack of boxes, piled haphazardly against the wall – at the corner an air nozzle for inflating car tires hangs from a rubber hose coiled on a rack affixed to the wall.

All: Sneak and Watch checks, please. Normand and Pyotr’s positions are relative – feel free to describe moving to a different position if you like. Note that Marcel is still off the map at the moment.

Attachments

• WaS garage map 2.JPG
    WaS garage map 2.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 79

Barak

First Post
Normand nods to the sergeant, and moves out quickly, doing his best to stay crouched and silent. Once he gets to his spot, a niggling doubt creeps into his head, and he can't help looking at his weapon, to make sure it's not set to launch grenades, instead of looking for the enemy.

Well, at least now I won't blow us all up.

OOC
Watch:3
Sneak:17

Bobitron

Explorer
The Shaman said:
Leaning back, he places his lips close to Marcel’s ear. “If shooting starts,” Sánchez says softly, carefully, “keep an eye on this house, okay? I don’t want some citizen to do something stupid like shoot at us by mistake. Understand?”

"Oui." Marcel keeps an eye on the house, but most of his attention is on the station. I'm not looking away from where the bullets might come from until we have trouble, he reasons. His attention is distracted, however, and he finds himself looking back and forth between the station and the surrounding area, but seeing little.

ooc:

Sneak 13
Watch 4

The Shaman

First Post
As Normand checks his rifle, Pyotr peers at the low stack of crates, straining against the shadows to see what, if anything, lies beyond – he sees and hears only stillness, no sign of movement or activity, no odd shapes among the shadows.

Sgt. Katsourianis dashes across the alley to where the replacements lurk in the shadows of the tree. “Follow me,” he whispers, “one at a time.” Staying low, the sergent scrambles past the window panes of the big garage doors toward the porte-cochere.

Pyotr and Normand each follow in turn. Passing the doors, each notes a slight hint of smoke in the air. Kat motions them to stop and stay low – he points to his eyes and then the garage doors before turning his attention to another door hidden in the darkness beneath the porte-cochere.

In the alley behind the house, the legionnaires are quiet and still, eyes flicking from shadow to shadow.

Another round of Sneak and Watch checks, please – remember, you have the option of rolling the different checks separately if you like.

Attachments

• WaS garage map 3.JPG
    WaS garage map 3.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 74

Barak

First Post
While Normand is still concentrating on his weapon, he manages to follow Pyotr while making no noise whatsoever.

OOC
Watch=3
Sneak=20

Remove ads