• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Witch core class (revamped bard)

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
I thought it would be cool if the witch could cast 6 spells per day of each level, hehe (get it? 666...). How about I remove Medium Armor and Shield Proficiency? Bump Summon Familiar to 2nd level?

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Okay, the 666 idea is pretty crafty. You might also want to limit the weapon selection. Traditionally, weapons aren't known to use many weapons. I'd make a list of odd, flavor weapons knowing the witch is more of a spell casting class. You might consider cutting light armor, again witches aren't ones to use any type of armor.

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
I added in some extra choices to bonus feats and changed around the weapon selection to favor those associated with evil cults and assassins. Removed Medium Armor and Shield Proficiencies.

Crothian

First Post
I like the list of weapons, but it seems to much. What about making them proficient in all simple weapons and three off of that list?

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
Major reedit. Please take a look at original post. Still balanced?

Added: New chants and spells. There are now 6 3 rank chants, 3 6 rank chants, 3 9 rank chants, and 1 12 rank chant.

Extra spells are drawn from Defenders of the Faith, Magic of Faerun, Masters of the Wild, Relics & Rituals, Song & Silence, Tome & Blood, and WoTC's website "Spellbook." Ignore if you don't have access to these. A few extra PHb spells tossed in, too.

Crothian

First Post
It's looking good. I might be tempted to knock skill points down to 4, as you have a lot of power in this class.

Also, do the chants Inspire Competance, Inspire Courage, and Inspire Greatness really fit? They seem out of place to me. I like the added chants and you might want to add some higher level ones that require and even highernumber of ranks. And what skill is this based on? I couldn't find one listed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads