With how many people have of role-played with since your first game?

With how many people have of role-played since you first game?

• Less than 10

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • 10-19

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • 20-29

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • 30-39

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • 40-49

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • 50-59

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • 60-69

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • 70-79

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 80-89

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 90-99

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 100-149

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • 150-200

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • 300+

Votes: 24 27.9%

jasper

Rotten DM
What would be more interesting, how many people of other nations have you gamed with? Do not include foreign nationals who became citizens. Me. British, French, West German.

ccs

41st lv DM
What would be more interesting, how many people of other nations have you gamed with? Do not include foreign nationals who became citizens. Me. British, French, West German.

British, Canadian, Australian, & German that I know of in person. Don't know about peoples origins in PbP/on-line.

Shiroiken

Legend
Given the number of different games over 20 years, including demos and conventions, I'm more than 200, but probably less than 300 (which weirdly isn't an option in the poll). If we're talking regulars, probably about 60-80, between high school, college, and later. Currently only game with 6, and am perfectly happy with that.

aco175

Legend
Yesh, about 40 years of gaming myself, and I'd say about 40 or so, not counting 1-shots at conventions.
ditto, with cons maybe another 200. Another question would be how many you still game with from when you started. I have just one, my father.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I stopped when my rough count neared 100 and I hadn't gotten to 2005 yet. Just chose 150 to 200, but it could easily be 300+

Between running games at cons and moving around and just, you know, time I have RP gamed with a lot of people.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
If I include only groups that met regularly:
  • High School Groups: 3 to 4 regulars (at school), 4 regulars (at home) - no overlap
  • College Era Groups: 4 to 5 regulars (Community college), 5 to 7 regulars (4-year college), two other regulars in a simultaneous FR game that I played in with overlap with the other group
  • Post College: 6 to 8 regulars (of these 3 to 4 were overlaps from college groups)
  • Post Grad School: 5 regulars (again 2 overlaps)
  • Current: 4 regulars (all new - in one group), 3 regulars (all previous players in the other)

So that's about 33 different people

Bluenose

Adventurer
I've been playing for 45 years, played with multiple shifting groups at university, have run games at conventions and intro sessions at gaming stores, and played with several different groups in long campaigns. I can't guess how many players that is, but it's got to be over 300. I know I've run three games with eight different players in a single day before, more than once at Cons, so it might be a lot more.

Incidentally, the poll seems slightly off going from 150-200 and then 300+. Shouldn't there be something in the 200-299 category?

Schmoe

Adventurer
Hmm, interesting question. At first I estimated in the 20's, but as I sat down trying to recall, the number grew into the 40's. For thirty-plus years of gaming, that seems like quite a few! I've never been to a con, but a couple of times I've started or joined recurring groups through a FLGS and met people that way. All my other games have been with friends and associates, and they've all been fairly long-running campaigns.

Remove ads