D&D 5E Wizard's Presents is coming August 18th

I have said several times in my opinion the strategy by Hasbro is to use the brands for different types of products. This is known as "multimedia franchise". For example Ravenloft wouldn't be only new sourcebooks or modules, but gothic novels for young adults, and maybe some supernatural romance, any survival horror videogame, or that (Risibilos dark lord) Doedorn's dummy who says to be the true Strand von Zarovich as skin in Fortnite (it is a idea so fool than it may be possible).
I know it is 'kewl' to pick on twilight, but if you could get a modern Strahd novel from the female protagonist (Ireen?) point of view falling for surge and then hunted by strahd... and have an epilog be another of her lives, it could be a big hit

links and a list of Baldur's Gate previews and some Discard Q&A stuff.

Also CLB is the centerpiece of Commandfest returning with the release of CLB, although I expect NCC and 40k Decks to get a fair amount of attention as well. Also given that the 40k decks have 10-11 new cards each instead of 15-17, but instead getting new art for each reprint that fits the setting, I suspect CLB's Commander Deck reprints will also get new FR art. This might be true for Dominaria United & Brother's War Commander Decks as well.

None of those reach the absurdity of 40K and no, I wouldn't trust WotC to leave things alone at all.

Wizards has a very different customer base, and that base is excessively vocal on twitter. Them purchasing GW would be absolutely awful.

I think rules is actually what GW does worse, and new settings (AoS was so bad on release...) that that would also be terrible, but at least 40K would be safe from being sanitized...
AoS is probably their best setting and game now after the GW leadership change.

Cause it's currently the setting I like the most of the GW games. Soulbound it's RPG has been a great time for me and my friends, and the world and evolving storyline has been very interesting lately.

We are just going to have to disagree on the setting part, rules? I cant speak to that but I think 40K's current rule set is a travesty.
I think 40k's current rules have a decent core, but have been overcomplicated. There is just too much to remember with all the stratagems and power creep between books.

AoS Wargame wise in it's third edition is probably the best GW has done right now, and is very fun. It had a really bad start so it's great how much it has turned around since the leadership change.

Cause it's currently the setting I like the most of the GW games. Soulbound it's RPG has been a great time for me and my friends, and the world and evolving storyline has been very interesting lately.

I think 40k's current rules have a decent core, but have been overcomplicated. There is just too much to remember with all the stratagems and power creep between books.

AoS Wargame wise in it's third edition is probably the best GW has done right now, and is very fun. It had a really bad start so it's great how much it has turned around since the leadership change.

Well at least AoS is getting a secret lair, perhaps even Sigmar will get a card.

Even if there is a licence that doesn't mean a merger between Hasbro and GW. Let's remember we will also see Fortnite and Street Fighters, and we aren't going to speculate about a merger with Epic Games or Capcom.

And W40K isn't designed to be a TTRPG with a "cosmopolitan" group of PCs from different origins. It would be easier to buy the rights of "Fading Suns". But how would be a Transformer version of W40K vehicles (Tau, Orks, Eldars, Empire, Kaos, Tiranids! (League of Votann/squats!)?

Even if there is a licence that doesn't mean a merger between Hasbro and GW. Let's remember we will also see Fortnite and Street Fighters, and we aren't going to speculate about a merger with Epic Games or Capcom.

And W40K isn't designed to be a TTRPG with a "cosmopolitan" group of PCs from different origins. It would be easier to buy the rights of "Fading Suns". But how would be a Transformer version of W40K vehicles (Tau, Orks, Eldars, Empire, Kaos, Tiranids! (League of Votann/squats!)?

Different groups in 40k do at times make alliances, like Eldar and humans or even Necrons and humans, etc...

Remove ads