D&D 5E Wizard's Presents is coming August 18th

Even if there is a licence that doesn't mean a merger between Hasbro and GW. Let's remember we will also see Fortnite and Street Fighters, and we aren't going to speculate about a merger with Epic Games or Capcom.

And W40K isn't designed to be a TTRPG with a "cosmopolitan" group of PCs from different origins. It would be easier to buy the rights of "Fading Suns". But how would be a Transformer version of W40K vehicles (Tau, Orks, Eldars, Empire, Kaos, Tiranids! (League of Votann/squats!)?

You comparing apples to oranges

Scribe

Legend
Eldar and Humans have made alliances of convivence since forever. Generally against Chaos.
Yes, sure, Eldar have also doomed Imperial worlds, for the sake of saving a few Eldar lives, and Imperial's have committed genocide unapologetically. 40K is not a setting of Alliances and understanding between factions...

The lore used to justify some of the alliance rules (again really there to just push plastic) is what lead to memes like this.

163734_md-blood-angels-brofist-fist-bump-fistbump-humor-necrons.jpg

Also given that the 40k decks have 10-11 new cards each instead of 15-17, but instead getting new art for each reprint that fits the setting, I suspect CLB's Commander Deck reprints will also get new FR art.
Not sure exactly what you mean by this—do you mean your guess is that the CLB preconstructed Commander Decks will include reprinted cards from other MTG sets, but those cards will have new art (and perhaps new titles and flavor text) to fit the Forgotten Realms?

If so, I really hope you're right. I'm not a big MTG fan but I purchased the AFR Commander Decks, and while they're fun to play, I was disappointed at just how few of the cards have anything at all to do with the Forgotten Realms, and that several of them are really out of place thematically in that setting IMHO. I was planning to skip the CLB preconstructed decks if they also turn out to have very little to do with the Realms—but if WotC decides to retheme the reprinted cards in the CLB decks, I'll be very pleased indeed.

Yes, sure, Eldar have also doomed Imperial worlds, for the sake of saving a few Eldar lives, and Imperial's have committed genocide unapologetically. 40K is not a setting of Alliances and understanding between factions...

The lore used to justify some of the alliance rules (again really there to just push plastic) is what lead to memes like this.

163734_md-blood-angels-brofist-fist-bump-fistbump-humor-necrons.jpg
Yes I know, it’s why I said Alliance of Convenience, they don’t work together most of the time and any team up is temporary only lasting till the bigger threat is gone at most.

Those rules went away anyway with 8e.

Scribe

Legend
Yes I know, it’s why I said Alliance of Convenience, they don’t work together most of the time and any team up is temporary only lasting till the bigger threat is gone at most.
Right, but the idea that there is some system of alliance existing in the setting, is just inaccurate, as that does not reflect how the setting has operated for like...30 years or something, but now I am not sure why we are debating this anyway. :ROFLMAO:

Right, but the idea that there is some system of alliance existing in the setting, is just inaccurate, as that does not reflect how the setting has operated for like...30 years or something, but now I am not sure why we are debating this anyway. :ROFLMAO:
Those rules are gone now anyway. But there were always alliances of convenience it was not a new thing to the settings. The Triumph and Treachery rule set represented it well.

Not sure exactly what you mean by this—do you mean your guess is that the CLB preconstructed Commander Decks will include reprinted cards from other MTG sets, but those cards will have new art (and perhaps new titles and flavor text) to fit the Forgotten Realms?

If so, I really hope you're right. I'm not a big MTG fan but I purchased the AFR Commander Decks, and while they're fun to play, I was disappointed at just how few of the cards have anything at all to do with the Forgotten Realms, and that several of them are really out of place thematically in that setting IMHO. I was planning to skip the CLB preconstructed decks if they also turn out to have very little to do with the Realms—but if WotC decides to retheme the reprinted cards in the CLB decks, I'll be very pleased indeed.

Its actually what I mean. A few cards might also be renamed as well.

Remove ads