D&D (2024) Wizards Presents show on August 18th! Update: WotC announces guests and time.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Oooh, that's a good call. I think a D&D/Phyrexia crossover is quite unlikely, but yes, that would rock.

For everyone here who is unfamiliar, Phyrexia is a plane teeming with evil bio-mechanical horrors who are bent on invading and conquering all other realities. Picture endless armies of demon-machine cyborg monstrosities. Kind of the Borg plus Spelljammer but filtered through Tomb of Horrors a hundred times.

Yes, I would buy that.
Well, here's what we know about Magic coming up: they are going to Dominaria for the next two Sets this year,with the first two sets next year tying into those and involving Time Travel big time as well as Phryexians [Borg-like cybernetic Demons, for non-Magic folks] to some extent.

They also have a "Magic Multiverse" art book covering all their Settings dropping for Christmas.

So, if there is a Magic Setting immenant (which is always probable now), then Dominaria is a likely possibility....but.maybe also a Magic Multiverse type book, covering Planeswalkers in Magic terms similar to spelljammer or Planescape.

Well, here's what we know about Magic coming up: they are going to Dominaria for the next two Sets this year,with the first two sets next year tying into those and involving Time Travel big time as well as Phryexians [Borg-like cybernetic Demons, for non-Magic folks] to some extent.

They also have a "Magic Multiverse" art book covering all their Settings dropping for Christmas.

So, if there is a Magic Setting immenant (which is always probable now), then Dominaria is a likely possibility....but.maybe also a Magic Multiverse type book, covering Planeswalkers in Magic terms similar to spelljammer or Planescape.

Amazon's pics for that art book spoiled some absolutely huge plot points coming up. Huge. No one screws with WotC like Amazon.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Some of us have disliked the MTG face characters for a long time, let us have a moment where they fall (before.coming back as they always do zzzzz).
Honestly, my dislike has a hell of a lot more to do with the Phyrexians than it does with the specific victim character. The Phyrexians are one of the most revolting...species? religions? ever to exist in fiction. They have survived repeated efforts to stamp them out, and have been essentially portrayed as fundamentally successful. The openly fascist religion of murder, torture, social Darwinism, racial purity, and mental violation is winning.

I don't mind stories that go dark places. (I play FFXIV for God's sake, I have to be able to accept some Really Friggin Dark story elements.) But the Phyrexians in particular are just about every single thing I loathe, turned up to the max and set loose. Any victory of theirs, even a temporary one, even one that will be totally averted through time travel (which is what I suspect is going to happen), is a thing I would rather not see happen.

Remove ads