Word Crimes

Proposal: "Weird Al" Yankovic's song "Word Crimes" is actually a vast improvement over the source ("Blurred Lines") in that you can enjoy the music without listening to Robin Thicke's lyrics.

Yea or Nay?

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Being picky: Yankovic. No "h".

Weird Al's version is preferable, certainly. Not that the music is actually great, but Al's funny.

Richards

Legend
The man's a genius. I loved how he managed to rhyme "nomenclature" in the song parody.

Incidentally, I picked up "Mandatory Fun" yesterday, and this is the first "Weird" Al album where I haven't heard of any of the songs he directly parodied. I'm getting old!

Johnathan

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Incidentally, I picked up "Mandatory Fun" yesterday, and this is the first "Weird" Al album where I haven't heard of any of the songs he directly parodied. I'm getting old!

I am not a top-40 pop listener these days, but I was surprised at how many of the modern parodies he did I was familiar with. Part of his genius is choosing his songs wisely.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I am not a top-40 pop listener these days, but I was surprised at how many of the modern parodies he did I was familiar with. Part of his genius is choosing his songs wisely.

Sadly, Blurred Lines is the only one I'd heard of. The rest were all mysteries to me. That one was clever, though, in the same way that Stephen Fry word pedantry video says exactly the opposite.

[video=youtube_share;J7E-aoXLZGY]http://youtu.be/J7E-aoXLZGY[/video]

Remove ads