WotC World Reveal of Baldur’s Gate 3 Gameplay at PAX!

MonkeezOnFire

Adventurer
One question for those that follow the adventures WotC publishes
Was getting kidnapped by mindflayers one possible outcome in the hell adventure?
It sounds like its implied that the characters you play are somehow related to the Descent adventure

There are no mind flayers in the adventure or mentioned in the Baldur's Gate gazetteer.

EDIT: It turns out there is! Duke Belynne Stelmane is mentioned as being under the influence of a mind flayer.

Nilbog

Snotling Herder
It all looks a bit fiddly to me, the amount of times he's tried an action only to do something else is concerning, hopefully the finished UI will prevent this
I'm cautiously optimistic

Derren

Hero
The main problem is that this is simply not Baldurs Gate 3 but Divinity 3.

Some might not care, but many people who remember Baldurs Gate 2 will be disappointed by it, no matter how good BG3 will be. A very risky strategy from Larian. They should just have made Divinity 3 instead.

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
The main problem is that this is simply not Baldurs Gate 3 but Divinity 3.

Some might not care, but many people who remember Baldurs Gate 2 will be disappointed by it, no matter how good BG3 will be. A very risky strategy from Larian. They should just have made Divinity 3 instead.
Personally, I'm still waiting for a proper sequel to BG1, because IMO BG2 kind of sucked.

This game looks alright, though.

Derren

Hero
I don't get it. It looks and sounds a lot like a D&D game and it takes place in the Baldur's Gate Area.

What is everyone complaining about. Yes it's a bit janky. But that's to be expected with a game early in development.

The main complain I have seen are:
  • Turn based combat that take too much time when facing "trashmobs". Even the environmental interactions get boring soon as it was the case in Divinity 2
  • No Baldurs Gate feel, instead its Divinity 3
  • And because of that there is also a fear that Larian will bring its special brand of humor not everyone likes. Especally as the writing we have seen is rather subpar.

The main complain I have seen are:
  • Turn based combat that take too much time when facing "trashmobs". Even the environmental interactions get boring soon as it was the case in Divinity 2
  • No Baldurs Gate feel, instead its Divinity 3
  • And because of that there is also a fear that Larian will bring its special brand of humor not everyone likes. Especally as the writing we have seen is rather subpar.
1. That will shorten when you are stronger. Like it does in actual D&D.
2. What is Baldur's Gate Feel? To me it's a D&D RPG in Faerun.
3. The writing was basic, but we did not get enough of it to judge. Due to Swen's horrible luck, and his choice to have his rogue do everything on his own.

Remove ads