WotC World Reveal of Baldur’s Gate 3 Gameplay at PAX!

Olrox17

Hero
I opened the image on an editor, fiddled a bit with some sliders, and yup, it's definitely red.
(I am in no way a pro at image editing).

Schermata 2020-02-19 alle 13.27.06.png

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
watches trailer

I would like to reiterate my comparison to Star Wars. This is big-budget stuff, at least by D&D game standards.

Even if the game turns out a failure, it will be a gorgeous failure. And if it's a success, it will be epic.

No kidding, full mo-cap isn't a cheap thing to do.

gyor

Legend
According to twitter Larian Studios asked for and got an extra half hour at Pax East because BG3 is such a big game, so it starts at 3:00pm EST not 3:30pm EST on February 27th.

slobster

Hero
I am very hopeful about this game. It could still crash and burn like lots of people are afraid of, of course, I have no more information than anyone else and like any big creative endeavor there is always the risk of failure. But cynical as I can be about nostalgia cash-ins, I'm choosing to be optimistic this time!

Also I'm about to start a new playthrough of the whole BG franchise over on the Steam remastered edition...now to decide which character build to go for. Paladin, to relive the first character I every had when I played the game the first time? Or something completely new? :unsure:

Quickleaf

Legend
I think that Tiamat and her pact with Gith (or was it Vlaakith?) may be involved in BG3 to some degree...

We have a gith riding a red dragon in the recent teaser.

We have Tiamat's proxy Arkhan the Cruel (Joe Manganiello's PC) playing a significant role in Descent into Avernus, as well as Tiamat's stolen treasure & cultists in the background.

And in this comicbook.com article from June 11 we have Swen Vincke mention that BG3 will be based directly after the events of Descent into Avernus; specifically it states: Larian CEO Swen Vincke described Descent Into Avernus as a prequel to Baldur's Gate III "in a certain way" in a recent interview with GamesBeat, noting that Descent Into Avernus is complimentary to the story of Baldur's Gate III but that the game is very much its own story.

We have a PCGamer article from Feb 18 which mentions "You are burdened with a great power devouring you from within. How far down the path of darkness will you let it take you? The fate of Faerûn is on your party’s shoulders. Will you carry it to salvation, or descend with it to hell?"

Last edited:

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I think that Tiamat and her pact with Gith (or was it Vlaakith?) may be involved in BG3 to some degree...

We have a gith riding a red dragon in the recent teaser.

More likely, the Gith presence is tied to the Mindflayer threat. Perhaps Baldur's Gate is yet another front in the planes-spanning war between Illithid and Gith.

Remove ads