• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World War Z

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Darwin pulls his jeans on as he opens the blind on the front window looking out into the darkness trying to see what's going on.

OOC [SBLOCK]
Perception 2 success 10, 8,6,2,5
4d10.open(10)=31

In invisible castle you can do the 10 again rule by using ".open(10)" it will reroll any die that is 10 or greater

[/sblock]

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Mike wonders a second about the smoky smell and then gets up. There doesn't seem to be any alarms going on in the building so he gets to the window to see if there's fire somewhere nearby.

hellrazor111

First Post
Jason stops half-way across to the other side, he looks to identify the the location of the bell before losing intrest and walking back to his home

[sblock]

6d10=(39)

[sblock=Caros]
For an apartment or house(preferably house), one thats 3 or 4 blocks from the river and bridge in a middle/lower middle class area of town

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Darimaus

First Post
OOC: Sorry for the late post, I've been going through a very hectic few days.

Arell sat at his computer, trying to catch up on the internet social life that so often got away from him. Wandering off to the fridge, he grabs a can of coke and starts pacing around his house, the thoughts of imagionary heros doing battle inspiring him to pick up one of his metal poles and start twirling it around. He was restless now, thoughts of problems, calculations, possibilities keeping him from the realm of sleep.

Caros

First Post
[Ethan]

Ignoring the yapping of the dog, you settled down comfortably in front of the tv. Pumping up the volume as much as you thought you could get away with, half nodding off in front of the rather boring episode.

Time flicked by on the clock, perhaps twenty minutes before you realized the dog was no longer yapping, silence echoing through your building. And then, just as it had decended, there was a smash. It was quiet at first, just a cracking of glass so dim you thought you might have heard nothing, muting the sound you distinctly heard the second time, glass shattering, then the sound of footsteps crunching atop it.

[sblock=ethan]For simplicities sake I rolled a pair of perception checks for you based off of events. I'll be doing this from time to time to keep the game moving, I hope you don't mind?

First=No successes

This indicates that you missed what time the dog stopped barking.

Second=Is a much happier Three Successes. You heard the window breaking.[/sblock]

[Darwin]

The blinds were tugged open, the street dim in the late evening, lit by flickering street lights, a bit of an oddity in this more upscale portion of town. The strobe light effect was continued by the flashing of lights from a Ford Ranger parked across the street, its headlights flashing as the alarms went berserk.

The culprits were obvious, a trio of young men, likely club goers from the bars further down broadway where you were certain that more violent alarm originated. The trio were dressed for clubbing, their best cloths, spiky hair, and obviously high as a kite as they pounded at this suv. swarming over the blinking lights, striking them with open palms.

[Mike]

Mike was fortunate in his commanding view of the city, facing out towards the river, he could, with a bit of difficulty spot the clouds of rolling black smoke appearing just over Broadway. Basic common sense would give that this was a big fire, If not a single building, then at least one of the larger resteraunts like Lydia's or one of the few skyscrapers in that area of the city.

Sirens could already be heard echoing from the police and fire departments, and as he stood and watched, a red glow would begin to grow, the fires obvious source. And then came the people....

(See below.)

[sblock=Mike]For ease of continuing I rolled a perception check for you. Generally speaking, if you are actively looking for something, just roll it then and there, if you roll out of order I'll just shrug and disregard it, no harm done =)

That said, I forgot to give you a penalty to your pool on the roll you made, fortunately for you I'm just subtracting the last dice, which wasn't your... One success

=)[/sblock]

[Jason]

From Victoria street bridge, Jason was closest to the chaotic events. With a little difficulty he was able to pin the source of the ringing, his head turning to regard it and the vast plume of smoke drifting up into the cloudy sky.

From his direction it was still impossible to determine precisely what on broadway was burning. But he could tell it was something bad, perhaps something explosive judging by those he could see running full tilt down broadway bridge.

It was merely a trickle at first as he watched, a handful of people running down the paths. And then that trickle became a flood, as if every occupant of every bar, nightclub and other enjoyment on broadway were fleeing like rats from a ship.

Vehicles joined them, though most were slowed by the pedestrians, the walkways so crowded that many seemed willing to brave traffic on the bridge rather than be slowed by those in front of them.

[Jim & Adam]

For these two the night still seemed to be going well. Closing the last few blocks to 8th street with not so much as a peep of trouble. Hell, they even went so far as to wait for the light to change rather than sprint across traffic as normal.

And they nearly got killed for it, moving as soon as the pedestrian light flicked on they were all but picked off by a speeding vehicle that burned clear through the red light, only a quick word from Jemal saving Adam from what would have been at least broken bones.

"John the baptist!" Adam swore, a poor joke from some internet cartoon, his hands shaking at the near death experience, common sense getting him to move along with Jim out of the street. "That crazy bastard nearly killed us!"

[Arell]

It was too often a punishment for night staff, the lack of sleep, the constant battle that too often left them restless and pacing. Tonight however, the punishment seemed to be to Arell's advantage.

Were he sleeping, he'd not hear the sirens. While this was not unusual for the corner house in which he lived. What was unusual was the number Perhaps two dozen passing down tailor at full bore, horns on engines blasting, police sirens flicking their sound to blow through intersections.

Something big was up.

ethandrew

First Post
Caros said:
Ignoring the yapping of the dog, you settled down comfortably in front of the tv. Pumping up the volume as much as you thought you could get away with, half nodding off in front of the rather boring episode.

Time flicked by on the clock, perhaps twenty minutes before you realized the dog was no longer yapping, silence echoing through your building. And then, just as it had decended, there was a smash. It was quiet at first, just a cracking of glass so dim you thought you might have heard nothing, muting the sound you distinctly heard the second time, glass shattering, then the sound of footsteps crunching atop it.

[sblock=ethan]For simplicities sake I rolled a pair of perception checks for you based off of events. I'll be doing this from time to time to keep the game moving, I hope you don't mind?[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Window glass from my apartment? Or from the dog's apartment? I will base this post as if it were someone else's apartment, but let me know if I'm wrong and I'll change it.

I don't mind you rolling perception checks for me, it speeds it along.[/sblock]

"What the...?" Ethan exclaims as he gets up, leaving the tv on mute. Heading toward the peephole in the door, he peeks out of it. "I hope that dog broke the window and used the shard to kill itself."

He moves to the opposite wall, where the large window opened out to the city and opened the curtains, looking at the city with his third floor view.

[sblock=Perception]I wanted to see if I'd done it right. So, my perception check with One Success.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Caros

First Post
((Hehe, my fault here and you'll probably have to change your post. You're 3rd floor, dog is first floor. The glass you heard break you're pretty sure at least, was the glass on the door to the building itself.

Also of note, you won't be able to see where the break is from your building. The building is Basically an "T" shape. The top and bottom of the vertical line are doors, the rest of it is long hallways. At each of the doors is the staircase to go up to the higher levels.))

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
The alarm clock screamed at him to wake up. Derek was instantly pissed off. He couldn't remember why in the hell he was supposed to wake up so early in the morning. He sat up on the couch where he sleeps, rubbing his eyes. He knew that falling back to sleep was out of the question, so he put on his jeans and a football t-shirt from when he played in college. Might as well see what's on tv.

[sblock=ooc]Feel free to put me anywhere in town. I was also wondering, since I know Darwin in real life, I can call him can't I? And thank you again for letting me join. I'm really excited about this game.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Jim wished he'd been holding something he could've thrown at the car. Why was it some dick in a car was always just barely missing him at least once a week? *sigh* 'must be tuesday.'* He thought to himself, then checked his watch "Nope, technically Wednesday now." He said out loud, prompting a raised eyebrow from Adam along with a 'WTF?'
"Nevermind. We hitting the Sev or Shoppers?" He said as they walked down 8th stret.

[sblock=ooc]
*=Kudos to anybody who recognizes the quote[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Darwin double checks the lock on his door and retrieves his cell phone dialing 911 as he checks the other locks in the house.

Remove ads