• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worst Beers Ever.

CombatWombat51

First Post
I can't remember the name, but it was the beer in China. This stuff.... PBR should only be sipped from a golden chalice compared to the chinese beer.

It came in a green bottle, and seemed to be the only beer served in the PRC. I drank it every meal, since it was often the only cold liquid to be found, and the tap water was poisonous.

Jupp

Explorer
There is a beer here in Switzerland called Eichhof...well I think the pints would run away from it if they had legs :/

Second place would be this beer made from whiskey malt called Adlescott *yeuch* Horrible stuff!

Third place is most of the beer you get at the Oktoberfest since its toned down beer without the alcohol and flavor German Weissbier normally has. But it certainly helps when you are determined to drink 5+ Mass of it. You can still think in full sentences (somehow) after that. With the regular amount of alcohol in it you wouldnt be able to do that *g*

diaglo

Adventurer
Xath said:
The beer that will win this hands down is Baltimore's own "Natty Bo's" or National Bohemian, made by Pabst Brewing company.

It's terrible taste is only accented by the shivers given when you hear the Baltimoreans pronounce it. *shiver* Ugh...the Baltimore "O"...

hi hon,

Natty Bo RULZ...

if you want nasty ... try Private Stock or

for $4 for a case of 24... weitmans (sp?) stuff smells and tastes like the old sewer.

Aeolius

Adventurer
I am part owner of an Anheuser-Busch distributorship. As such, I only drink Anheuser-Busch products or those of their brewing partners - Kirin, Redhook, Widmer Bros., etc.

The worst beer ever would be one whose consumption does not contribute to my weekly paycheck. Therefore I applaud all of the Natural Light, Busch, and Budweiser drinkers. In North Carolina, they are the majority. Three out of every five beers consumed in my town came out of my warehouse. I'd prefer to keep it that way.

Even if you do not enjoy the taste of Budweiser, you ought to take an Anheuser-Busch brewery tour sometime. The brewing process will amaze you. The key is consistency - a can of Bud brewed in 1970 will taste the same as one born yesterday. A lot of effort goes into that.

MonsterMash

First Post
Aeolius said:
Even if you do not enjoy the taste of Budweiser, you ought to take an Anheuser-Busch brewery tour sometime. The brewing process will amaze you. The key is consistency - a can of Bud brewed in 1970 will taste the same as one born yesterday. A lot of effort goes into that.

Personally I'd say that US Bud has little or no taste, but as someone used to English Ales and Bitters which have strong tastes that's not surprising.

Stuff I've disliked that's still made: US Budweiser, I'm not overly fond of Stella Artois as its very chemical in its taste, and any proper ale that's been kept badly - unlike pasturised beers it can deteriorate rapidly with poor handling and storage.

Qlippoth

Explorer
Xath said:
The beer that will win this hands down is Baltimore's own "Natty Bo's" or National Bohemian, made by Pabst Brewing company.

It's terrible taste is only accented by the shivers given when you hear the Baltimoreans pronounce it. *shiver* Ugh...the Baltimore "O"...
Ah, brings me back to my ancient college days at Johns Hopkins...where Natty Bo held court with other distinguished potables like Piehl's, Genessee Cream Ale, Natural Light, Keystone, Black Label, & Milwaukee's Best, amidst a gaggle of fine courtiers like Colt 45, Turbo, Schlitz, and Heffenreffer's...

LeifVignirsson

First Post
You would think this company is able to put out decent beers, but they came up with one ABSOLUTELY terrible is Sierra Nevada's newest creation, Crystal Wheat. Imagine drinking the flavored sports water (Gatorade water with lemon, etc), throw in some hops to remind you it is a beer and then... no aftertaste... It is like drinking a water... BLECH!

If I wanted water, I would have asked for one...

And I am SHOCKED no one stated Pabst... That should be a lock.

rogueattorney

Adventurer
My wife and I actually do this all the time. We go out and get a few 6-packs of really cheap canned beers and hold blind taste tests. Good cheap fun!

We limit ourselves to 12 oz cans, which means we are usually drinking mass-produced domestics. We've done this with over 30 beers. Our results, in general...

MGD is probably the best overall.
For the money, Stroh's is probably the best deal. Tastes real good and is real cheap.
Bud Light is probably the best of the light beers, but they are generally a lot lower on the list than the regular beers.
Some of the worst include Stag and Busch Light. Point was not very good either, which is curious, since I really like it in bottles. I think the worst was probably Tecate, which is again strange, because I'm generally a big fan of Mexican beers.

R.A.

Remove ads