• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worst Beers Ever.

Keeper of Secrets

First Post
Anything that comes in a can is fairly nasty.

Little Kings, Goebbel (which sounds like a Nazi) and Schlitz are all pretty bad. But as far as 'worst beer yet still has a major marketing campaign?' That dubious distinction likely goes to Coors, as far as I am concerned.

Vorith

First Post
Samuel Adams!!"This beer is nasty. Barely drinkable. Disgusting aftertaste. I think people are forcing themselves to like it because they think its cool"...PLUS ITS FROM BOSTON! Being from Boston is enough to hate it anyways.

Last edited:

fujaiwei

First Post
AGGEMAM said:
Guinness! Without a doubt the worst, and most overestimated beer in the world.

Close seconds would include Odense Giraf, Hancock Årgangsøl, and other not worth mentioning.

Guinness included? That's insane. You haven't tasted bad, unless you've tasted major-label American beers like Budweiser, Bud Light, etc.

Maybe it's overrated, but I wouldn't put it down as the worst. At least it has character.

Wycen

Explorer
Coors, Bud, similar swill while may seem like good candidate for worst beer, you'd have to probably find microbrew or other special crap for the truly worst stuff. My candidate would be the chili flavored beer I tried a decade ago or so. I refused to drink anymore after the first taste.

James Heard

Explorer
Colt 45, I think is it's name. That's pretty bad, as are just about any of the "christmas ales" or whatever nonsense they occasionally call any beer they have the idiocy to put nutmeg and certain spices in. But all US domestic beer is pretty bad unless you're considering serving it a few degrees over absolute zero. Most of the Far Eastern beers and Mexican beers are probably worse though, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and wonder if they're just shipped improperly. I refuse to consider that anyone would brew something quite so sour and ill tasting on purpose. I think the only US domestic I can stomach (unless I'm well and properly enebriated beforehand or watching sports) is Michelob. For good US beers I usually go with Dixie Blackened Voodoo and Abitas, fairly cheap and easy to get a hold of around here at least. Probably because I've bitched all over town until they decided it was safer to appease me.

nerfherder

Explorer
Aeolius said:
a can of Bud brewed in 1970 will taste the same as one born yesterday. A lot of effort goes into that.
Yes, the Bud I've tried did taste like it was brewed 30 years ago...

Also, I can't stand Miller Draft. Gives me a headache very quickly and there is just something about the taste that I find very... objectionable.

Best things about Fosters & XXXX are the adverts, some of which are classics, and the major source of information about Australian culture that us Brits get ;) .

One beer I no longer drink, not because I don't like the taste, but because it does terrible things to me the morning after, is Newcastle Brown Ale. Of course, it will not be brewed in Newcastle for much longer, but Dunston Brown Ale doesn't quite have the same ring about it...

Cheers,
Liam

Last edited:

AGGEMAM

First Post
nerfherder said:
One beer I no longer drink, not because I don't like the taste, but because it does terrible things to me the morning after, is Newcastle Brown Ale.

Heh .. know that feeling.

Are they closing down the brewery across St. James' ? A sad day indeed!

Howay the lads!

Remove ads