• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worst movies ever....

tetsujin28

First Post
MojoGM said:
I have to agree with Mallus.

Every top 10 list of the funniest movies of all time always lists it as #1.

I watched it. Didn't so much as chuckle. It was quite painful actually.

I suppose it is due to a change in times. When it was made I'm sure men in drag was hilarious. All you needed was a guy in a skirt to get a laugh.

Not anymore. You need to actually be funny.

Matter of taste I suppose...
OMG, you have got to be kidding me. Like Friends is funny? Gimme a break. Some Like it Hot is a classic.

Klaatu B. Nikto

First Post
Villano said:
That's Yor, Hunter From The Future, and it starred Reb Brown.
And how can you not like a movie in which a future caveman kills a giant bat and uses it as a hang glider? :D

Was the music by Queen or sounded very close? If this is the one I'm thinking of, the background music reminded me of the "FLASH! Ah ah! He will save every one of us!" Queen stuff from the early 80's Flash Gordon movie (with Timothy Dalton).

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Klaatu B. Nikto said:
Queen stuff from the early 80's Flash Gordon movie (with Timothy Dalton).

And Brian Blessed! And Max von Sydow! And Topol! And Sam Jones! And Ornella Muti! And Melody Anderson!

Don't you trivialise Flash Gordon, hmm? :)

-Hyp.

Klaatu B. Nikto

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
And Brian Blessed! And Max von Sydow! And Topol! And Sam Jones! And Ornella Muti! And Melody Anderson!

Don't you trivialise Flash Gordon, hmm? :)

-Hyp.

Yeah, them too. But isn't Topol the Vulcan from the Enterprise series? :)

I think I saw Yor on one of those late night shows kinda like Elvira, Mistress of the Dark's show.

I'm really tempted to add in a Godzilla movie, especially Godzilla's Revenge which excessively used stock footage to make a movie about a kid meeting Godzilla's son. However there's another one where Godzilla flies using his atomic breath, which I can't remember the name of. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Ferris Bueller?

As a Godzilla movie, the version made by the ID4 guys sucked. Why would the giant iguana swim across the Pacific, stomp across Central America just to lay eggs in NYC? Is LA not good enough?

Godzilla movies are all about one of 2 things: protest against nuclear weapons (the original) or 2+ guys dressed up in rubber monster suits duking it out for world domination by stomping all over a miniature city (everything else). :D

Richards

Legend
Originally posted by Klaatu B. Nikto:
However there's another one where Godzilla flies using his atomic breath, which I can't remember the name of. Anyone?
Ah, I can help you there: that was Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster, one of the stranger of the Toho Godzilla movies. Oddly enough, it's the movie I have seen more times than any other.

Johnathan

Villano

First Post
Klaatu B. Nikto said:
Was the music by Queen or sounded very close? If this is the one I'm thinking of, the background music reminded me of the "FLASH! Ah ah! He will save every one of us!" Queen stuff from the early 80's Flash Gordon movie (with Timothy Dalton).

The song was "Yor's World" (and, yes, it is sad that I know that :) ). It does sound a bit like Queen, but it isn't. According to the IMDB, the music was provided by Guido De Angelis, Maurizio De Angelis, and John Scott.

I kind of doubted that they could have afforded Queen anyway. :p

Also, I never notice what an international effort this movie was. It's a British, French, Turkish co-production, starring Americans and directed by an Italian. So, people, next time someone talks to you about the wonders of globalization, drag this film out and force them to watch it. :D

Klaatu B. Nikto said:
As a Godzilla movie, the version made by the ID4 guys sucked. Why would the giant iguana swim across the Pacific, stomp across Central America just to lay eggs in NYC? Is LA not good enough?

I remember reading that the script was literally written over a weekend (or it might have been a week) and they basically filmed the first draft of it. :rolleyes:

Also, when the film came out, there was a review of it that pointed out that none of the lizards that appeared during the opening montage (the ones that supposedly mutate into Godzilla) are actually from the area where he was supposedly created. Some were from Africa, others from America.

Sheesh!

Last edited:

Well, I've read the whole thread and I think that all the movies I consider the worst ever committed to celluloid have already been mentioned. Ironically enough, most of my favorite movies have been mentioned as well. :D

Remove ads