• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worst movies ever....

MojoGM

First Post
Mallus said:
???!?!?!?!?

With Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis [and Tony Curtis's crackerjack Cary Grant imperssion in the middle??!].

With lines like "You see the way she moves, its like jello on springs" and
"But I'm a man!"
"Nobody's perfect."

Surely you jest.

I have to agree with Mallus.

Every top 10 list of the funniest movies of all time always lists it as #1.

I watched it. Didn't so much as chuckle. It was quite painful actually.

I suppose it is due to a change in times. When it was made I'm sure men in drag was hilarious. All you needed was a guy in a skirt to get a laugh.

Not anymore. You need to actually be funny.

Matter of taste I suppose...

reapersaurus

Explorer
I thought about including Quick Change here, but repented at the last minute.

It IS hideous, though - from a nice heist in the bank to utter moron-o-thon once they get in the car.

I have probably never detested a character in a movie as much as Dennis Quaid's character in Quick Change.
Probably the worst character ever to be portrayed in a film - drug everything down into the more of "this doesn;t work."

Ancient Pariah

First Post
Thanks for the correction Villano! Perhaps you or someone else can help me remember another late seventies movie. I think it is titled "Message from Space". I tried my google-fu, but my search kata came up with religious messages. "Message... was a schloky mix of sci-fi and fantasy with a opening scene that had a druidic type send a flying acorn for help. I remember it being released directly to the cheap theatres. It was truly terrible. The best parts were what my friends and I contributed as a alternate dialogue.

Krieg

First Post
MojoGM said:
I suppose it is due to a change in times. When it was made I'm sure men in drag was hilarious. All you needed was a guy in a skirt to get a laugh.

Not anymore. You need to actually be funny.

Strange since there doesn't seem to be anything out there today that is "actually funny".

Villano

First Post
Ancient Pariah said:
Thanks for the correction Villano! Perhaps you or someone else can help me remember another late seventies movie. I think it is titled "Message from Space". I tried my google-fu, but my search kata came up with religious messages. "Message... was a schloky mix of sci-fi and fantasy with a opening scene that had a druidic type send a flying acorn for help. I remember it being released directly to the cheap theatres. It was truly terrible. The best parts were what my friends and I contributed as a alternate dialogue.

You're welcome. :)

I love the old, schlocky films like Message From Space, but I can't take Yor. I even had a tape of it once. I eventually sold it. Yor is just bad in a bad way.

Bass Puppet

First Post
ok, here's a couple of Real Bad Movies...

texas_box.jpg

PSYCHO FROM TEXAS (1974/78)

evilspawn_thm.jpg

EVIL SPAWN (1987)

Now for a Bad Movie that's worth watching...

B00004YS7Y.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Black Samurai starring Jim Kelly (1977) :D Classic :D

Last edited:

tetsujin28

First Post
Yeah, but those movies are enjoyable. Try saying the same thing about At Long Last Love. I tell you, people, you have no idea of the world of pain you must endure.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads