• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worst movies ever....

TracerBullet42

First Post
Ok, most of us will agree that the LOTR movies are the greatest ever, and we all love them...but I'm curious to hear what movies people hate. I don't just mean movies that you didn't like, I'm talking about the movies that really upset you. The kind of movies that your friends are probably sick and tired of hearing you complain about. Those movies...so what are they, and why do you hate them so?

(And yes, this was inspired by the Event Horizon thread...I just hated that movie! It was probably ruined by my unreasonable expectations, but I hated it nonetheless)

But my list begins with Waterworld. This 3 hour epic is utterly forgettable. It's not just bad, but it's sooooo long. You think to yourself, "It's got to get better." So you wait and watch...and wait...and wait. It never does. Kevin Costner also just rubs me the wrong way...

Gone Fishin' is another one. I think this one must've been riding the Lethal Weapon bandwagon. Danny Glover and Joe Pesci....awful. Did any of you see this one? I'd give it a 9. Maybe a 10....borderline 11.... (perhaps you remember that line...)

But the worst, most awful movie that I've ever seen is easily Bio-Dome. Ordinarilly, I'll watch almost any movie. I figure if I'm paying for it, I might as well finish it. Surely there will be at least one redeeming scene. I didn't make it past the first 20 minutes of this stinker...it was just too stupid.

What are your worst?

Mog Elffoe

Explorer
Worst movie that I've seen this year was Bad Boys 2. I even got to see it for free at an advance screening and I still thought it was a waste of time. Even more than that--it was painful viewing. A more mean-spirited incoherent mess I have yet to see this year.

Worst movie that I have EVER seen is easily Freddy Got Fingered. Nothing else even comes close. I think that if I ever met Tom Green I'd still want to punch him the mouth for this one. :mad:

Last edited:

Tallok

First Post
I saw the last 10 minutes or so of the core. and just that was enough to show me just how horrific this movie is. It was illogical, inconsistent, stupid plot, etc. don't see it, unless you go into it just to laugh at it, then it might be fun, who knows.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
My worst that I actually sat through was Dungeons & Dragons. I just kept sinking lower into my seat, hoping nobody would see me there. It made me afraid to even hope for a decent treatment of LotR. Only way I'll ever watch it again is if I'm forced to watch it, Clockwork Orange style; strapped in a chair, head in a vice, eyes propped open.

Worst movie I walked out on was George of the Jungle, jumbo coke and popcorn in hand after 8 minutes. I prefer something more entertaining, like the ads on slides before the movie.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Combine Mark Hamil, science fiction, Ben Kingsley, and F. Murray Abraham and what do you get? A giant stinker called Slipstream. What a crapfest that was.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Wow. I must be calloused and hardened. I've seen and survived several of these without ill effect (not Freddy Got Fingered, though. There are places I fear to tread.) The Core was like Armageddon meets Star Trek: TOS, only silly as opposed to either teeth-clenchingly awful or minorly classic, respectively. I thik it says something about me that the thing that bothered me most about it was that the "hacker genius" uses prime numbers including 1 to send his code. Twitch. Dungeons and Dragons was a slap in the face to both gamers and cinema, but it's hardly indicative of the really, really bad movies. Besides, it's more laughable than painful.

I, for one, think that Howard the Duck should be placed in solitary film confinement. It's a terribly unfuny comedy that somehow becomes a terrible action movie in mid-stream. I hates that movie beyond all logic and reason.

Another excremental film is Red Zone Cuba. My exposure to this film was through Mystery Science Theater, but unlike some other worthy entries from that show (Manos: Hands of Fate and Monster A-GoGo leap to mind), nobody ever brings it up as a bad movie. Because it isn't even entertainingly bad. The movie (it has something to do with an escaped con going to take over Cuba, or something) just sits on your head, like an elephant, and crushes. It hurts.

Speaking of pain, The Lord of the Rings hurts bad. Not the Jackson one, of course, but Ralph Bashki's rendition. There are about 10 different types of animation in the movie, all of which suck, and its marked by such classics as the Nazgul-as-leperous-Jawas, the fuzzy-slipper-butterfly-winged balrog, and the -four-toothed-noxious-little-troll-Samwise. And the fact that nobody in that movie could ever stay still for any length of time at all also bothered me. Just a bit, mind you.

Demiurge out.

KChagga

First Post
I would like to second the nomination of Freddy Got Fingered.
I used to like Tom Greene before this movie. Now if I ever see him I am going to personally demand my money back. If that doesn't work i'll just kick him in the nuts. :mad:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads