• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoT Adventure] OOC Thread

Tay-Dor

First Post
While I'm enjoying the roleplay, I'd like to suggest that Drothgery move things along. Because Tomas is a jerky kinda Noble, I don't have anything to do or rp about at them moment. Can we get things moving a little...to provide that impetus for Tomas to be forced in interact with the others?

Or at least have Padan Fain come in for my cloak or something....(I've read a little of the adventure..but that was before I knew I was playing in it.)

dscrank

First Post
Anyway you look at it, Alanna's had a bad couple of months. First, the death of a warder. Second bonding a man who can channel and who definitely does not want to be a warder. Not to mention all the other stuff that Rand's going through which Alanna feels in a circumspect manner.

In any case, my guess is that Alanna's going to die soon, just to add "Post-Sedai Depression" to Rand's list of troubles.

[Edited due to an incredibly improbable use of the wrong word. I must be more tired than I thought.]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
dscrank said:
Anyway you look at it, Alanna's had a bad couple of months. First, the death of a warder. Second bonding a man who can channel and who definitely does not want to be a warder. Not to mention all the other stuff that Rand's going through which Alanna feels in a circumspect manner.

In any case, my guess is that Alanna's going to die through, just to add "Post-Sedai Depression" to Rand's list of troubles.

Until WH, I was pretty sure Alanna was going to die. Now, I'm not so sure.

drothgery

First Post
Sir Osis of Liver said:

Are you sure?

I seem to remember her being fine in the bar seen where she bonded him, well entill she bonded him anyway.

Verin certianly thinks so, in the next scene. And Siuan, who's quite a bit more emotionally stable than Alanna, is still crying over Alaric, who died only weeks after Owein did.

I think some people are less stable then others. Then again I also think having your warder/Sister killed should give you 3d6/6d6 madness points. The points should go away at a rate of wisdom bonus a week (minimum 1 per week), so you eventually get over it, but it would still induce that madenned state.

I also think a warder should get one every time you use the bond to compel the warder to do something against their will, individually not much problem if used sparingly but that cant be good for them to get their minds eroded away at constantly.

Severing and Burnout should be major madness inducers as well.

Valkys

First Post
Lord Tomas nods, smiling. "Very good, Master Pedron." It's important to let commoners know when they put forth a good idea. It makes them feel better. Many Tairen Nobles don't buy into that. But my time in the gambling houses has taught me a radical idea or two that makes sense. "You are certainly thinking more clearly than I am. That is what we shall do. You see if you can fetch the girls and I'll see about getting the men in here."

[ooc: see...Tomas can be nice. take that. :p]

Actually, I don't really see this as being 'nice'. It's how you treat a dog.

dscrank

First Post
It's not so bad if you don't read the condescending personal thoughts. Just like it sounds as if Pedron's addressing Tomas respectfully, while he's essentially thinking to himself, "How can I keep this idiot from doing something stupid? I know--throw in a m'lord here and there and he'll go along with anything." So long as they're both outwardly polite, things should go pretty smoothly between them.

Remove ads