• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoT Adventure] OOC Thread

ok, i hate Ashrem! He's always going around being likable and getting along with everyone, i can't stand that in a person!:D

From now on my favorite people are Shalimar and Tomas.

As far as the boys, hes the one person not to get slapped, and not insulted someone or insulted by someone.

:( :mad: :(

Enforcer

Explorer
Ashrem, given the slow nature of a message board game, I say start channeling sooner rather than later. Who knows when we'll get level 3 with all the good roleplaying slowing us down?;)

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Sir Osis of Liver said:
ok, i hate Ashrem! He's always going around being likable and getting along with everyone, i can't stand that in a person!:D

From now on my favorite people are Shalimar and Tomas.

:( :mad: :(

HAHA! Diplomacy +7 - Money can't buy you friends, but skill points can. :D

I play Ashrem as likable for several reasons.

1. High charisma - He just IS likable.

2. He is manipulative. When is the last time someone didn't do what he asked?

3. He is diplomatic and he understands women. (As much as a man can anyway.)

4. I have to give you guys an IC reason not to lynch me when I learn to channel. :)

Also, Sir Osis, if you hate Ash, you'll love Shade. Thats my other character in the "For the Children" game for those of you who didn't know. Both I and Liver are in it.

Enforcer-> You may be right. At this rate, I'll die of old age before the Taint kills me. :)

How long till 20th level? 10 years?

Last edited:

dscrank

First Post
I agree with Enforcer. The pace of this game, while great for role-playing and lots of in-character braw--er... debates, means that it'll be awhile between levels. Take Wilder right away. That doesn't mean you have to let everyone know that you have it. Just try to be subtle about it--it'll make for more interesting role-playing anyway. I'm thinking of taking Woodsman next level. I was going to wait awhile and hone my outdoors skills, but as Enforcer already noted, it might be a long time before level 3. I am worried that my in-character justification might be a bit flimsy, however.

By the way, Pedron hasn't been slapped yet. And unlike Jain, he's not the sort to just take it. If Sirsei or Shalimar want to hit him, they'll have to get past his 16 Defense.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:

Enforcer-> You may be right. At this rate, I'll die of old age before the Taint kills me. :)

How long till 20th level? 10 years?

Expect 'you're stuck in Saldea all winter because of the weather' or 'you spend two weeks travelling' to be pretty common.

I think I'm probably going to give enough XP to gain a level at the conclusion of every segment about the size of the adventure in the back of the book, at least if you guys manage to sneak in as much RP as you have so far.

Enforcer

Explorer
Does anyone know if Prophecies of the Dragon goes into Kandor at all? It just occurred to me that if Yuri's to be a Blademaster, he'd like his father to craft his heron-marked blade, assuming he's still not blaming the boy for Tasha's death, that is.

drothgery

First Post
Enforcer said:
Does anyone know if Prophecies of the Dragon goes into Kandor at all? It just occurred to me that if Yuri's to be a Blademaster, he'd like his father to craft his heron-marked blade, assuming he's still not blaming the boy for Tasha's death, that is.

Amazon says it's 'shipping soon', but unless that's late today or tommorow, I don't think it'll get here before Thursday, which means I won't see until a week from Monday.

Update: It did ship today

I'm going to be out of town next weekend (next Thursday [April 11] night to Sunday night), so I don't think I'll be sending any updates then. At least they shipped some of the novels and D&D books I ordered earlier this week, so I'll have something to read on the plane.

Last edited:

Valkys

First Post
Well, have a good trip. I'm taking the Foreign Service Exam on April 13, so I might be... busy... or not, until then.

Ashrem: I agree with Tay-dor here.

Last edited:

Tay-Dor

First Post
Valkys said:
The compulsion aspect didn't cross my mind, actually. I was merely thinking that Tomas would no longer we a Lord in Tear if he were someone's Warder, willing or not.

And darn, foiled again! Now I have to stay with Lila! That isn't going to soften her feelings toward Tomas.

I doubt the warder bond would keep him from being a Lord in Tear. But the disadvantages of bonding Tomas are greater for you. 1) You'd have to carry his pissed off emotions continuously. You would have a warder that completely hated you and everything you stood for. Alanna wasn't able to cope with Rands hatred.

2) Tomas would probably be so enraged by the whole ordeal that he'd find himself forced to kill you. Either he'd suceesd...or you'd kill him and have to suffer the psychic backlash.

So go ahead...I dare ya. ;)

As far as staying with Lila...you brought that on yourself. :p

Remove ads