• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WoT Book 11: Knife of Dreams

Volaran

First Post
Eosin the Red said:
Yeah, BUT

** Thanks FAQ

Leads me to believe that Olver, Mat, Thom, and maybe even Aludara are the keys to getting Moir... Mat has the cannon and matches, Thom has song, Olver or Mat could be be said to have courage... Plus we know Min has a vision of Thom pulling a blue diamond from a fire. It all basically adds up to Mat's gang taking on the Finn. Only missing the iron "to bind" which could very well be the cannon?

With two books left, counting this one, Perrin could be there as well. Iron...blacksmith...makes sense?

shaylon

First Post
Well my copy came from Amazon yesterday, but I still have about 300 pp left of CoT before I can start it. Anyone reading it? Anyone finished yet?

*hopes he can finish CoT today*

-Shay

Early reviews are good. Looks like lots of plot ends are finally tied up as well, and there's real progress toward Tarmon Gaidon for a change.

According to early reviews anyway.

iwatt

First Post
shaylon said:
Well my copy came from Amazon yesterday, but I still have about 300 pp left of CoT before I can start it. Anyone reading it? Anyone finished yet?

*hopes he can finish CoT today*

-Shay

Well my copy shipped out on saturday. since I'm way down in the southern Hemispher, I have 1-2 weeks before I even get the book. :\

So I'm rereading the various cool chapters. Last night I reread Mat's duel against Galad+Gawyn in the white tower. Makes me want to build a quarterstaff master :D

iwatt

First Post
Volaran said:
With two books left, counting this one, Perrin could be there as well. Iron...blacksmith...makes sense?

I think this will happen. For him to finish this up he has to tie up loose ends. a godd way is to have connected characters finally tie in together.

So Perrin, Mat, Olver, Tom do the whole rescue Moraine deal. Mat's going North, Perrin's going south, he's going to talk to some Seanchan, Mat has the "big cheesesette" with her. They have to rescue Faile as well (who's probably getting freaky with the Aiel guy by noW ;) ).

Galad has somehow to join Perrin as well, since he has to get freaky with the Mayener chick ("Beatiful People" ;) ). Also, Perrin has to finally solve his whole Whitecloak warrant deal at some point.

Gawyn will be intrinsical to saving Egwene, but she'll probably pretend she didn't need his help anyways. :p

Rand has to kill somebody. Come on, he's gone through a whole book withou killing anybody. what's the deal?

I can only hope that Jordan tying up plots means more action and less angst ridden bath scenes.

shaylon

First Post
iwatt said:
I can only hope that Jordan tying up plots means more action and less angst ridden bath scenes.

Ugh! :( I just finished that section in CoT where Elayne and Aviendha have their bath interrupted. Wow, how uninteresting can the book actually become? I really hope 11 is remarkable better than 10 because I am sorely disappointed. In the earlier books I thought his descriptions of people and places were unique and interesting. Now it appears that he is deliberately trying to stretch out the descriptions so that a 4 line conversation lasts 8 and a 1/2 pages. I loathe book 10 so far.

I will be so happy when the series is done. So happy.

-Shay

JamesL85

First Post
I've been hesitant to respond to the many WoT threads (I might have responded to a couple, here and there) because of all the negativity towards the series......

I'm hoping that this thread will not continue along these lines....

Unfortunately, I've read through all of the previous books (most of them more than once) and can understand the frustration by most readers.......I'm just hoping that this thread is responded to by those with a positive attitude that can actually post something besides "Jordan sucks" and "the last X books sucked," etc.

We get it.....Some of you don't like the way the series has turned.....I believe a "wah" is in order......

Unless I get the gist of the original posters slant, this is an unusual post that's trying to put a pleasant face on the crap that's been of the last couple (or bunch) of books....

Not trying to put a pleasant face on what's been called a turd (or worse) as far as the series is concerned, I'm just trying to keep up with the thread until I can make it to Manhattan this weekend......No, not New York, Manhattan......Manhattan Kansas........I'm also looking for a book called Footfall that involves an alien invasion of Dighton, KS (or so I'm told)......That will be interesting.......LOL

I'm just hoping that this will continue to be a "positive" thread on the series......

James

Last edited:

Rackhir

Explorer
JamesL85 said:
I'm also looking for a book called Footfall that involves an alien invasion of Dighton, KS (or so I'm told)......That will be interesting.......LOL

It's by Larry Nivens and Jerry Pournelle.

iwatt

First Post
JamesL85 said:
I'm just hoping that this will continue to be a "positive" thread on the series......

James

Hey, I love this series, I already pre-bougt the last book and am having it shipped halfway across the world.

But there are some things Jordan Fans/haters agree upon: The last couple of books shiftes focus from the core characters with a lot of secondary characters/plots going around. That this is a good or bad thing is a personal opinion.

Also, I hope this thread doesn't get hijacked by the typical "My hat of jOrdan now no limit" ;)

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
JamesL85 said:
I'm also looking for a book called Footfall that involves an alien invasion of Dighton, KS (or so I'm told)......That will be interesting.......LOL

James

I read it years ago. I recall enjoying the book. It is a race of elephant-like aliens that invade. I can't really remember much more than that. If you can't find it, I may still have my copy in the basement somewhere.

If book 11 turns out as the early reviews indicate, I may actually pick it up. Anybody know a good website where they sum up the past four books so I won't have any trouble skipping them. By my understanding it shouldn't be hard to sum up the relevant events from those, just a paragraph or two. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads