• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E WotC accused of white washing Ellywick Tumblestrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I still think Twitter is worse then facebook, although twitch is the bowel movement because twitter might be the very heart of evil, but at least it works well at what it does.

You need to do some reading... Twitter is not a great platform, but Facebook is profoundly terrible at content moderation, especially international. I remember reading they had like 3 people on staff to monitor content in Myanmar, and allowed literally people advocating ethnic cleansing to post without repurcussions.

Weiley31

Legend
Wasn't the actress white/asian in the Legend Lore video clips where she pretty much was first introduced?
checks the clip Technically yes sooooooo.............I mean.........what I'm trying to say is...

Last edited:

slobster

Hero
There's something beautiful to all the people in this thread getting mad at Twitter, saying people there always throw up controversy, when this wasn't a real controversy, was corrected, and only a few people got mad.

Not much for inward-facing insight on Enworld today, eh?
The thing is, I'm checking my Manuel of the Internets, and the stat block for Twitter clearly says "usually chaotic evil". Why do people always get upset when my character slays the baby Twitter trolls, they were going to grow up to be MONSTERS!

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
One of my pet peeves is when someone takes a minority of users to label the entirety of social media. Twitter didn't do anything in this case. A few users of Twitter did.

Just like when 4 people on ENWorld decide that Halflings are junk that doesn't mean ENWorld hates halflings, just those four people do.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Wasn't the actress white/asian in the Legend Lore video clips where she pretty much was first introduced?
checks the clip Technically yes sooooooo.............I mean.........what I'm trying to say is...
Fermina is a Spanish name. It's a very uncommon surname. And based on her features and art blog...

I'mma go out on a limb and say she's of Hispanic or Latinx descent.
I don't get where the Whitewashing accusation is stemming from. She was white to begin with.
I explained it earlier, but just for you:
The original artist made her White.
WotC wanted her to be a PoC.
The artist changed her to a PoC.
Everyone outside WotC had only seen the PoC version before now.
WotC accidentally posted the original White character.
People thought they were Whitewashing her.
WotC corrected the issue.
Ellywick is canonically not White.

Weiley31

Legend
Fermina is a Spanish name. It's a very uncommon surname. And based on her features and art blog...

I'mma go out on a limb and say she's of Hispanic or Latinx descent.

I explained it earlier, but just for you:
The original artist made her White.
WotC wanted her to be a PoC.
The artist changed her to a PoC.
Everyone outside WotC had only seen the PoC version before now.
WotC accidentally posted the original White character.
People thought they were Whitewashing her.
WotC corrected the issue.
Ellywick is canonically not White.
Ah that's actually good to know as I wasn't quite sure: I watched the clips before but didn't see her name.

In regards to the video/skin tone, was the changed made AFTER the Legend Lore clips or before? If it was before, than that just makes it all weirder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads