D&D 5E WotC accused of white washing Ellywick Tumblestrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
The Columbo subreddit is possibly the most innocent collection of people on Earth.

Outside of that, yeah, I agree.
Yeah, I also really dislike the format itself, as it encourages forever-scrolling, and indirectly makes it harder to pay attention to who you're talking to.

Combine that with the sheer preponderance of know-it-alls, well-actuallys, sealions, creeps, and flame-trolls, and it's just an unpleasant place, IME. Meanwhile, I have actual friends that I've met via twitter, and used to have really good community and friendships on tumblr, before I left because of the clunky UI and the company's misogyny and tolerance for nazis.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
The funniest thing here to me, is we are tier ranking social media.

Even the best of it, is a festering cesspool.

(For my money, Twitter is the worst, deleting mine was the best thing that happened in 2020.)
I find Twitter a useful passive information medium. If I want the most recent sports news, I cannot beat Twitter for that. If I want D&D rulings from Crawford et al, Twitter is helpful for that.

If I want to discuss a topic with someone...Twitter is not a good medium for that. If I want to read the comments about a topic, Twitter is not a good medium for that.

As for this controversy? Seems a non-controversy. Though I will say I like the artwork (either version). I don't know who this is though. Not a name I am familiar with, until now. Ellywick Tumblestrum is a cool name though. Looks like it's from Magic: The Gathering?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Mod note:
So, this has degraded into general bashing of social media. That's not constructive. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads