D&D General WotC Asks What Makes YOU Play Dungeons and Dragons?

WotC has a new survey asking about what you want from D&D -- "Extra extra! The D&D team wants to know what makes YOU play Dungeons & Dragons! The open world? Character customization? Shared storytelling with friends? Iconic art? Take our survey and help shape the future of what we're working on at Wzards. Please share to help us spread the word and hear from more fans."...

WotC has a new survey asking about what you want from D&D -- "Extra extra! The D&D team wants to know what makes YOU play Dungeons & Dragons! The open world? Character customization? Shared storytelling with friends? Iconic art? Take our survey and help shape the future of what we're working on at Wzards. Please share to help us spread the word and hear from more fans."

ED9BC80F-FB85-497F-AD09-F7B70348CF57.jpeg

jasper

Rotten DM
The AL part of DM survey needed work. It was a binary choice. I have DMed all the season x-01 modules for various cons. I also discovered I only ran a pc 4 times this year. Um not maybe 6.

Yaarel

He Mage
For my favorite D&D books ever? I had to say two.

• Love psionics. The 3e Expanded Psionic Handbook − that book meant that D&D was evolving. Vancian was dead.

• The 4e Rules Compendium − so much goodness, so well presented.

Hussar

Legend
Have you noticed warlord as class also? This may mean they are working in some project about mas battles or a RTS videogame, I suppose.

* In the last year my April's fool was telling Hasbro bought GW. Of course I was kidding, but a part of me thinks they would dare to do it. If they have bought Entertainment One then they can buy more companies.

That is ... an interesting leap of logic there. :erm: What do warlords have to do with mass battles or an RTS videogame?

A good warlord to save Nature-lover ewoks and na'vis against the menace of Skynet and its army of terminators robots.

Birthright is the best setting for a D&D RTS, or a Musou ARPG like the comingsoon "Under the fire II".

ad_hoc

(they/them)
Thought it was neat that EN World was singled out as a place to talk about D&D on the internet.

I think it was the only forum specifically listed (unless we're counting Reddit).

I hope they publish the results of the survey. I love thinking about demographics.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
What.

No, it isn’t. It’s...completely different in every meaningful way. Not a single theme or dynamic in common that isn’t a theme or dynamic of nearly all fantasy settings.

They...are about as similar as Eberron and Dragonlance.

The whole Dawn War mythos, which is the meaningful part of the nebulous Mentor Vale, is the basis for Exandria.

District31

Villager
It's a bit worrying that one of the questions was:

Have you ever played Dungeons & Dragons tabletop RPG (played with pencil, paper, dice, etc.)? :D

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It's a bit worrying that one of the questions was:

Have you ever played Dungeons & Dragons tabletop RPG (played with pencil, paper, dice, etc.)? :D

Not really, there are people who have just played video games, etc. They wanted some deep dive details on people's experience.

Remove ads

Remove ads