WotC WotC blacklist. Discussion

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
We don’t know who it is, but WotC has informal blacklists (and encourages other companies they know, plus their partners and licensees to follow them). I’m sure WotC doesn’t view them as blacklists, though.
OK, that's a bit of a statement to just lay out there. Sounds like something people need to dish on.

I'll state that there are positive ways to use blacklists. For example, a company I used to work for refused to do business with members of the Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce business association because the WMC's money and ads were badly skewing supposedly non-partisan state supreme court elections. And since the company I was working for is the largest non-public worker employer in the county, they were able to convince a couple of major construction firms and other vendors to leave WMC. The company took a principled stand for the integrity of the court.
Other companies could use blacklists to avoid problematic business associations.

But how does WotC wield their blacklists?

Staffan

Legend
OK, that's a bit of a statement to just lay out there. Sounds like something people need to dish on.
I'm also curious about what ENWorld may have done to get on Wizards' naughty list. I can't recall ENWorld being involved in any particular scandals. I have some super-vague remembrance of some occasion when ENWorld broke some implied news embargo they never signed up for, but I can't recall any details.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm also curious about what ENWorld may have done to get on Wizards' naughty list. I can't recall ENWorld being involved in any particular scandals. I have some super-vague remembrance of some occasion when ENWorld broke some implied news embargo they never signed up for, but I can't recall any details.
Yeah, it was an embargo miscommunication, IIRC.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
I am a stranger in a strange land.

When individuals step out of line with my values I avoid them and frankly avoid their products. Not consistently….and maybe not if there is no substitute. I am only human.

But this new trend of demanding weird apologies that have to framed just so is foreign to me.

Otherwise no one should touch them! They’re untouchable! Now let’s hear that perfectly worded aplogy so we can know if you have any human worth!

Or else you’re ruined!

I don’t get it. Don’t remember this stuff when I was a bit younger. Icky

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Black lists are pretty much what they sound like: people or groups you no longer hire, recommend, or associate with.

If WotC keeps one that they circulate within the industry, that's news to me, and I used to work there.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I am a stranger in a strange land.

When individuals step out of line with my values I avoid them and frankly avoid their products. Not consistently….and maybe not if there is no substitute. I am only human.

But this new trend of demanding weird apologies that have to framed just so is foreign to me.

Otherwise no one should touch them! They’re untouchable! Now let’s hear that perfectly worded aplogy so we can know if you have any human worth!

Or else you’re ruined!

I don’t get it. Don’t remember this stuff when I was a bit younger. Icky
Are you in the right thread?

Remove ads