D&D 5E WotC Delays New D&D Book Announcement

This from WotC — “Get the quasits out of our office! Our plan to make a D&D book announcement on Thursday has been changed. Adventurers, mark your calendars for Monday, January 13.”

46DC5C6F-B5F2-4968-9AC0-963D767EEDFC.png

The book was due to be announced on Thursday 9th January after a mysterious entry appeared on Amazon with a product title of "Dungeons & Dragons March Release Book (Title announced January 9th)" and a release date of March 17th, 2020. See the original news item here:
They haven't given a reason; back in November WotC delayed the launch of the sapphire D&D anniversary dice at the last minute, too.

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So just watched Dragon Talk... I'm near certain the book being announced is the collection of modules, including ones written by Debora Ann Woll and Marisha Ray.

Here's the quote from today (timestamp around 39 minutes)

"I am excited about this new book, because of the partnerships within it... I'm going to hint very strongly. Some of the most exciting people we've ever talked to are involved in this book, and you'll find out in the announcement on January 13..."

Yeah, seems pretty certain at this point. Really curious to find out the details.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Well if your right it's an easy pass for me, because I have absolutely no interest in a shallow celebrity vanity project. Or in a collection of micro adventures like you could find DMSGUILD. Give me something interesting and meaty instead.

How do you know it will be shallow? It could be sure....

But it might not be. You are judging people's writing before seeing it.

gyor

Legend
IIRC you pretty much declare every book to be a hard pass.

I was 100% behind Forgotten Realms: Laeral's Silverhand's Explorer's Kit/guide book, it would been an automatic buy had it been an actual book.

And E: RftLW was something I pre-ordered right away and loved and wanted an FR version of.

It's further APs in the Swordcoast or other APs that I don't like that are hard passes. BG: DiA was a hardpass too until BG3 was announced.

But for Swordcoast I have Swordcoast Adventurer's Guide, Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage, and Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus, and I might pick up Tales of the Yawning Portal as an expansion of Undermountain. So what need do I have for more Swordcoast books? I don't so its only logical that future ones are a hard pass. And a vanity celebrity collection of mini APs just don't interest me. There is a tiny chance there maybe something in it that changes my mind, but I doubt it. So barring a major suprise hard pass.

If they don't want to keep getting hard passes actually start making books I want more often. Pretty simple really.

gyor

Legend
Well if your right it's an easy pass for me, because I have absolutely no interest in a shallow celebrity vanity project. Or in a collection of micro adventures like you could find DMSGUILD. Give me something interesting and meaty instead.

Doesn't Wolfgang hint he and Zeb Cook worked on a Planescape Book in this interview as well? that seems like it could be a fun partnership. Just saying.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases