D&D 5E WotC Delays New D&D Book Announcement

This from WotC — “Get the quasits out of our office! Our plan to make a D&D book announcement on Thursday has been changed. Adventurers, mark your calendars for Monday, January 13.”

This from WotC — “Get the quasits out of our office! Our plan to make a D&D book announcement on Thursday has been changed. Adventurers, mark your calendars for Monday, January 13.”

46DC5C6F-B5F2-4968-9AC0-963D767EEDFC.png

The book was due to be announced on Thursday 9th January after a mysterious entry appeared on Amazon with a product title of "Dungeons & Dragons March Release Book (Title announced January 9th)" and a release date of March 17th, 2020. See the original news item here:
They haven't given a reason; back in November WotC delayed the launch of the sapphire D&D anniversary dice at the last minute, too.

Weiley31

Legend
"We are the Mecanatrixes, lords of the aleerin empire. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own (but sheens aren't welcome). Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."

If the clue about Laeral Silverhand is right, my bet since the begining is a book about equiment and magic item, but there is a lot of this crunch from earlier editions or by 3PPs.

But if the right clue is about the plane Mechanus, or it is a module where PCs can start from material plane (and not Sigil as origin point) is other planer handbook with monsters... and maybe some other eagter eggs about Spelljammers, maybe its planar-traveling version.

Or it may be a module about the wall of the faithless is broken and all those souls are sent to the demiplane of the dread. (I was kidding but sometimes an April Fools has become reality).

Can't wait for the Spirit Eater class!

Pixelllance

Explorer
Someone from a german forum came up with this theory:

a) The new icon on Twitter is a clockwork with the unique "green" background of Planescape.
b) The release is 17.03.2020. Seventeenth of March.

Conclusion:
It´s "The Great Modron March 5E". 17 Planes, March, Logo.

insert X-Files-Theme here

So I am just "someone" to you :cry:
To increase the X File Factor the Great March always starts when 17 cycles of the gears of Mechanus are complete *according to the Monster Manual

dave2008

Legend
Someone from a german forum came up with this theory:

a) The new icon on Twitter is a clockwork with the unique "green" background of Planescape.
b) The release is 17.03.2020. Seventeenth of March.

Conclusion:
It´s "The Great Modron March 5E". 17 Planes, March, Logo.

insert X-Files-Theme here
That would be fun.

So the critical role campaign setting!

I love Matt Mercer and CR is fun...but I'm really disappointed in this. We now have two Campaign Settings that no one asked for (Ravinica and now Wildemount) while fan favorites like Planescape, Dark Sun, Dragonlance, Greyhawk, and heck, everything in FR that isn't the Sword Coast or Chult have had no official support at all.

Remove ads

Remove ads