D&D (2024) WotC Fireside Chat: Revised 2024 Player’s Handbook

Book is near-final and includes psionic subclasses, and illustrations of named spell creators.

IMG_3405.jpeg

In this video about the upcoming revised Player’s Handnook, WotC’s Jeremy Crawford and Chris Perkins reveal a few new tidbits.
  • The books are near final and almost ready to go to print
  • Psionic subclasses such as the Soulknife and Psi Warrior will appear in the core books
  • Named spells have art depicting their creators.
  • There are new species in the PHB.

Could somebody tally a list of which Classes/Sub-Classes will be included in this book? I mean, it is pretty much central to the sales-pitch I’d have thought.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Could somebody tally a list of which Classes/Sub-Classes will be included in this book? I mean, it is pretty much central to the sales-pitch I’d have thought.
Pretty sure we'll get that about a month or so before release......I'm not sure we know at this point. Did we know about the Psi Warrior before today?

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
They haven't given the whole list (revealed the few psi-archtypes mentioned above) and said a lot more will be revealed coming up (maybe in the next fireside?).

Edit: Ninja'd by Zukrie

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
My big question is if I should be happy for those on here who love psi-types because the archetypes using it are getting more focus, or feel bad for them because they aren't getting standalone psi-classes. I guess we can count on that being an ongoing argument for a while to keep the boards hopping as 24 rolls out.

Stalker0

Legend
My big question is if I should be happy for those on here who love psi-types because the archetypes using it are getting more focus, or feel bad for them because they aren't getting standalone psi-classes. I guess we can count on that being an ongoing argument for a while to keep the boards hopping as 24 rolls out.
Well the need 5.5 is going to provide CORE classes, so I wouldn't expect any new ones there. Subclasses are likely the best you can hope for initially, and then maybe in the next splat you might get a psionic caster.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Well the need 5.5 is going to provide CORE classes, so I wouldn't expect any new ones there. Subclasses are likely the best you can hope for initially, and then maybe in the next splat you might get a psionic caster.

It feels like we could get a bunch of threads going just on whether that term is horribly inappropriate for psi or ok. :)

Kurotowa

Legend
Why not both? Heck make one that can apply to bard, paladin, fighter, rogue. It would be fun to see subclasses that apply across multiple classes. But probably not a very realistic wish.
They tried that with a Strixhaven UA. It... didn't work too well. Different numbers of subclass feature at wildly different level points made it hard. Not being able to reference or tie into any base class features was also a problem. In the end, the idea was scrapped.

Really, it sounds like a cool idea, but it just doesn't work. How do you do a Paladin subclass without a list of Oath Spells and Channel Divinity options? Who's going to want a Rogue subclass without new Cunning Strike or Cunning Action upgrades?

Remove ads

Remove ads