WotC WotC Generates 75% Of Hasbro's Profit

ICv2 is reporting that WotC generated $110M of Hasbro's $147.3M operating profits in the first quarter of this year, with an increase of 15% on last year. Of overall sales, WotC generated (only!) 22% of Hasbro's $1.1B. The growth is attributed to Magic: the Gathering and D&D. Recently, Hasbro restructured with 'WotC and Digital Gaming' getting it own division...

ICv2 is reporting that WotC generated $110M of Hasbro's $147.3M operating profits in the first quarter of this year, with an increase of 15% on last year.

wotc.jpeg

Of overall sales, WotC generated (only!) 22% of Hasbro's $1.1B.

The growth is attributed to Magic: the Gathering and D&D. Recently, Hasbro restructured with 'WotC and Digital Gaming' getting it own division.

The movie division is going to turn a profit again this year, because theaters exist again.
That doesn't mean people will immediately get back into the habit of going to them.
That will also boost toy sales.
It the cost of plastic and increase in video game playing in younger demographics (mentioning no Minecraft in particular) that is hurting toy sales. That's unlikely to change significantly.

Nylanfs

Adventurer
That is not correct, I'm afraid, though a lot of people have claimed it:

Emphasis mine.

They entirely sold the rights to some properties, and the digital rights to others. They were sold in perpetuity, note - this wasn't just licensing out. And then, realizing the mistake they'd made with some of those properties (but not all of them), they bought back those rights - luckily the buyer hadn't had much success with them!
Which is why I said AFAIK, :)

Remove ads

Remove ads