WotC: Goodbye, Loren Greenwood, hello Greg Leeds

Ranger REG

Explorer
jaerdaph said:
Prediction:

After crucifying this guy and spouting all kinds of assumptions based on uninformed opinion about him, EN World will turn around and kiss his ass everytime he posts about the weather in Renton just like they did with Scott Rouse.
Not a prediction. It's part of the traditional EN World initiation ritual.

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
jaerdaph said:
Prediction:

After crucifying this guy and spouting all kinds of assumptions based on uninformed opinion about him, EN World will turn around and kiss his ass everytime he posts about the weather in Renton just like they did with Scott Rouse.

It's raining today. Pucker up. :p

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
To help stem some speculation.

I have met Greg twice (once at a sales meeting in January and then Thursday after the announcement) and he seems like a very good guy. I have been very happy with a couple decisions he helped to facilitate prior to Loren leaving and I look forward to getting to know him. He is not a gamer from what I know but seems to understand the importance of the core hobby to our business (the LFGS). He did mention his kids playing Magic and D&D Minis and going to leagues at a store back east.

On Thursday my group got the chance to talk with him for about 1 1/2 hours. He was very enthusiastic about D&D and it's continued success. He was cracking some jokes and was very personable when discussing his plans for continued success of our games. I came out feeling good about things.

He came from a traditional CPG marketing background prior to joining Hasbro. At Hasbro he led the boys toys group including brands that catered to both kids and older collectors including Star Wars, GI Joe, & Transformers. He was also in charge in of global branding.

HelloChristian

First Post
I'd like to see the new guy get D&D back into toy stores (Toys 'R Us) like it used to be back in the 80's. The more mainstream exposure, the better.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases