• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC: Goodbye, Loren Greenwood, hello Greg Leeds

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Hmm. Looks like there's a lot more riding on 4E than we first thought. Does anyone have any background on the new president besides what's in the press release?

frankthedm

First Post
'Oh great a Ha$borg suit is in charge of D&D.' was my first thought. Though after giving some thought to the issue, thiis might be the best chance to see a full blown D&D toyline that can cover all the Huge to collolsal monster toys/minis DDM can't seem to profitably produce.

Zander

Explorer
frankthedm said:
'Oh great a Ha$borg suit is in charge of D&D.'
My thoughts too. My guess is Leeds has:
1. An MBA
2. Never played D&D prior to taking his new position (and maybe still hasn't)
3. No concern what happens to the hobby, only what WotC's bottom line is during his tenure.

I'd be delighted if it turned out that points 2 and 3 were wrong but I fear the worst. :\

Last edited:

mhensley

First Post
Zander said:
1. An MBA
3. No concern what happens to the hobby, only what WotC's bottom line is during his tenure.

I'd be delighted if it turned out that points 2 and 3 were wrong but I fear the worst. :\

Remember that D&D is only a part of what WotC sells. MtG still makes up most of their business. As long as he keeps them profitable and doesn't meddle too much in the rpg division, I'll be happy.

Mean Eyed Cat

Explorer
Well, I don't know much about either Mr. Greenwood or Mr. Leeds' background, but after reading <this article> it just looks like one "suit" replacing another.

mhensley said:
Remember that D&D is only a part of what WotC sells. MtG still makes up most of their business. As long as he keeps them profitable and doesn't meddle too much in the rpg division, I'll be happy.

Yeah, I agree.

Last edited:

Ranger REG

Explorer
Zander said:
1. An MBA

So, analogy-wise, it's like an athletic director --Herman Frazier -- hired from the mainland coming to UH with absolutely no idea of what makes UH Athletics (or even Hawai'i) tick.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads