WotC WotC hinting heavily that Tuque Games D&D game will be revealed at the Game Awards Show

gyor

Legend
I wanted to give Tuque Studios the benifit of the doubt, that was clearly a huge mistake. It's a Dark Alliance sequel sort of, but with Drizzt and the Companions of the Hall (except for Regis, who was my favourite companion), so this game is basically for Drizzt/BG: Dark Alliance fans whose experience of the Forgotten Realms is only Drizzt novels and who have likely have only played actions games and who have never played a true RPG in their life.

I spent the night staying up to 11:37pm to find out I would have been better served going to bed early instead of watching that horrible Game Awards Show, I mean only tiny slivers of entertainment.

It appears the Larian Studios getting BG3 was a fluke for WotC.

Gears Tactics, Humanity, and Ruined King by League of Legends seemed interesting, and at least the final fantasy boob reductions have stopped, although redoing Final Fantasy 7 as a action game is just pure wrong.

Seriously Tuque Studios is the game company they bought, over this protype? Yuck.

Larian Studios would have been the smart purchase or Owlcat Games, not this...this bitter disappointment.

They should have spared viewers and showed some BG3 game footage instead.

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
The problem with this game, assuming it's anything like the trailer, is that it's made by an inexperienced development team, and likely wasn't well-defined or carefully thought out.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
An action game would be plenty DnD. Not all DnD games are hack n slash, sure, but plenty are exactly that.

Also one of my favorite DnD video games is Baldur’s Gate Dark Alliance, which is an Action-RPG.

Lucky day for you, then.

The Dark Alliance games were great. If this can get a little if that beer and pretzel vibe going, great. I loved the PS2 era Gauntlet games and the EA Lord of the Rings movie tie-ins, and yeah, Diablo. This could be fun.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I wanted to give Tuque Studios the benifit of the doubt, that was clearly a huge mistake. It's a Dark Alliance sequel sort of, but with Drizzt and the Companions of the Hall (except for Regis, who was my favourite companion), so this game is basically for Drizzt/BG: Dark Alliance fans whose experience of the Forgotten Realms is only Drizzt novels and who have likely have only played actions games and who have never played a true RPG in their life.

I spent the night staying up to 11:37pm to find out I would have been better served going to bed early instead of watching that horrible Game Awards Show, I mean only tiny slivers of entertainment.

It appears the Larian Studios getting BG3 was a fluke for WotC.

Gears Tactics, Humanity, and Ruined King by League of Legends seemed interesting, and at least the final fantasy boob reductions have stopped, although redoing Final Fantasy 7 as a action game is just pure wrong.

Seriously Tuque Studios is the game company they bought, over this protype? Yuck.

Larian Studios would have been the smart purchase or Owlcat Games, not this...this bitter disappointment.

They should have spared viewers and showed some BG3 game footage instead.

This whole post is just...go take a nap.

Your gatekeeping “true fans” garbage isn’t impressing anyone. It’s just sad.

The people who enjoy the dark alliance games also enjoyed the BG CRPGs, and ya know, play dnd.

And the whining about ff7 and “boob reductions” good word just stop.

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
No, that's gameplay footage, with a bit of in-game cinematic. A little bullet time.
Really? Ouch. I'll try to keep my hopes up.

Who knows? It could be a load of fun, the type of game that you play with your mates on a summer night, drinking a nice beverage, and eating a bunch of pretzels.

If it comes out on any platform that I own, I will probably but it.

OTOH, I predict that it will be an awful, awful clone of so many good games that I'd rather play.

Remove ads