• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WoTC March 2009 Editorial Calendar

Are you including the unreleased power sources? Because WotC will have released power source focused splats for Martial, Arcane, Divine, and Primal characters by November of 2009.

I bet MPII will be out in fed or march of next year...It will fill in the gaps were there are mon ths with no books...

12 months

PHB3
DMG3
MM3
Draco3
Adv Vault3
that is 5 books...

add in a new power book based on the new stuff in PHB3 we will call it Ki Power for now...

add MP2 and that makes 7 books...
Campaign setting + PLayers Guide equals 9...3 to go

WalterKovacs

First Post
Considering the time between the artificer's preview article and the Eberon book dropping, I wouldn't be suprised if MPII ended up coming out after PHBIII, and the 2010 setting, which would definitely give it a lot of races to have paragon path/feats for, if nothing else. And, if it's after Adventurer's Vault 2, that would also mean perhaps some new weaponry to build around, etc.

EDIT:

From the previous poster ... PHBIII would either contain some old power sources, or two new ones. Since there are 4 power sources left (Ki, Shadow, Psionic, Elemental), it's quite possible that they go with 4/4 for new classes. Ki + Psionic might fit, as they have a mind/body concept that is similar to martial/magic or nature/magic from the previous books in terms of split. While shadow would fit as a "ninja" power source to compare to ki, I would think that shadow and elemental being paired might seem more appropriate as they both draw power from a location (shadowfell/elemental chaos) as opposed to the 'internal' power source of ki/psi.

Long story short, it's possible that they have 2 new power sources in PHBIII, and thus, two new "power" books to put out. Also, once they have Martial Power II, Arcane, Divine and Primal II can't be far behind, etc.

Last edited:

questing gm

First Post
Are you including the unreleased power sources? Because WotC will have released power source focused splats for Martial, Arcane, Divine, and Primal characters by November of 2009.

Yes, we can't even confirm what's going to be in the PHB III (and no playtest previews from it either) and they are already telling us that they have the second round of splatbooks in the works. :eek:

Jack99

Adventurer
They're just doing that to appease the people who want 4E to be more like earlier editions.

cheer.gif

At 6:40 AM on a Saturday, you are still hilareous! Thanks for making my morning.

Phaezen

Adventurer
Regarding Martial Power 2, is it maybe a pointer to the PHB's continuing the 4,2,2 spread of classes per powersource, rather than moving to a 4,4, leaving a gap for another power book in 2010?

Personally I look forward to seeing how they push the design space of the Martial powersource, especially if they expand on the Gladiator style feats (looking forward to The Art of the Kill on the 9th).

Phaezen

I would like to see a section of Martial Power (and other books) that are "floating powers". They are open to all classes (or all of a specific Power Source). Perhaps they could have a choice of certain attributes to pick for it or such.
Well they could design racial powers beyond 1st level, spend a feat to replace an existing power of that level or higher to get a special racial power. But I feel it'll leave some races in the cold, and others with too much.

I know it should probably be reserved for a book such as a campaign setting that introduces firearms, but I've always wanted a Warlord that's a well-dressed officer armed with a sabre directing a bunch of riflemen to shoot on his mark.

gamersgambit

First Post
My thoughts re: Martial Power 2:

PHB1: Arcane, Divine, Martial
PHB2: Primal, Arcane, Divine
PHB3: Ki, Psionic, Martial

The Divine book will cover all the options from PHB1 and PHB2.
The Arcane book will (we think) cover all the options from PHB1 and PHB2, but not the Artificer.
The Primal book will likely cover all the Primal options.

The Artificer may well be heavily expanded in the Eberron PG to make up for its lack of inclusion in the Arcane Power book.

...thus suggesting (for balance purposes, in terms of options) a second Martial Power book, covering the extra Martial classes from PHB3.

It's also possible that the 2010 campaign setting (my vote's for Dark Sun) will have a Martial class in it.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
Perhaps, "DRA: Codex of Betrayal" sounds sorta Assassin like.
The Codex of Betrayal series is a counterpart to the Demonomicon series, only covering high-ranking devils instead of powerful demons. The first one came out in an early Fourth Edition issue of Dragon and covered Beleth, Prince of Imps.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads