Planescape WotC Posts Real Estate Liating for Walking Castle in the Outlands

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
IDK, that looks bigger than 1850 SF to me!
Since I'm what my friends call "that guy," I couldn't help but count the squares once I saw your comment. As near as I can tell, the first floor has 244 squares, the second floor has 79, and the third floor has 39.

That's 362 squares altogether. Presuming that each one is your standard 5-foot-by-5-foot space (i.e. 25 square feet), then the place is 9,050 square feet, which I suppose makes that price tag a lot more understandable.

EDIT: Being a circle, the first floor is easier to calculate if you measure that the radius is 45 feet, giving it a total area of 6,362 square feet. Adding in the 118 squares for the next two floors at the usual calculation of 25 square feet each, and that brings the total area up to 9,312 square feet.

Last edited:

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
IDK, that looks bigger than 1850 SF to me!
Agreed. A quick and dirty calculation looks like about 3000 square feet to me.
Edited to add: Alzrius has it right above. My eyeballing was correct, but I neglected to count the first floor somehow. D'oh!

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
Since I'm what my friends call "that guy," I couldn't help but count the squares once I saw your comment. As near as I can tell, the first floor has 244 squares, the second floor has 79, and the third floor has 39.

That's 362 squares altogether. Presuming that each one is your standard 5-foot-by-5-foot space (i.e. 25 square feet), then the place is 9,050 square feet, which I suppose makes that price tag a lot more understandable.

EDIT: Being a circle, the first floor is easier to calculate if you measure that the radius if 45 feet, giving it a total area of 6,362 square feet. Adding in the 118 squares for the next two floors at the usual calculation of 25 square feet each, and that brings the total area up to 9,312 square feet.
I was hoping someone would be inspired to check - thank you!

Remove ads