• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Seeking Your Setting Proposals (was "Big Wizard announcement")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Psion said:
I'm wondering if anyone will join forces...

I've considered asking one or two people I know, but the time frame attached to the initial deadline makes it very tough. You'd have to be very sure you could find the time to collaborate.

Tuerny

First Post
Yeah that would be a problem. Luckily my main setting has only had one real campaign ran in it and that is the current one. Plus I have a huge body of material that I have already written up that I can use if I ever move into the later rounds.

But your alternate worlds are interesting Psion. If you choose to use just one them I suggest the ice world. It sounded the most interesting :)

Psion said:

I don't think I would enter my main setting. It's just too... lived in. (Although my players have told me I should publish it... I know better.)

However, two of my alternate settings that I have some work done on sound like a possibility.

SHARK

First Post
Greetings!

Well, what can I say?:) This is certainly an interesting opportunity. Of course I will send a submission!:) Thanks for the encouragement from my fans and friends by the way!

I'm wondering though, if my own world would be similar enough to Forgotten Realms for them to want it. FR is ok, but my own world has some distinct differences. We'll see though! The best of luck to everyone else that joins in the fun!

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

Zulkir

First Post
Its for real

Folks,
This is genuine. I know the timeline seems aggressive but we are only looking for a one page submission. If your submission is longer than one page it will get roundfiled! This is the "are you capable of following simple directions" test. I gaurantee that we will be tossing a whole wad of multi-page proposals because someone can't follow directions.

Okay, next rant. We are looking for fantasy medieval settings. That is what we do best. So that is what we mean when we say FR or DL. But if someone brought us Ravenloft or Mystara or Darksun they would all be close enough to be in the running.

If you have a campaign setting and it has been made public, but not published you can submit it if you wish. But we will probably want to avoid setting that have been previously published.

Umm...... Feel free to post questions here I will answer them as I get a chance. Please read the entire announcement before posting a question as it does contain an FAQ.

AV

Psion

Adventurer
Greetings Anthony,

Would this be a good place to ask: Why? Why do you feel another psuedo-European setting is appropriate/desirable/warranted, with FR and Greyhawk already there?

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Mr. Valterra,

You say you're particular about the one-page entry. Are you particular about font or justification or anything like that?

OK, I imagine no margins with 6 point "wingding" font is a bad idea. But are there any other particular guidelines you'd like to see?

I'm not really sure what the "like FR or Dragonlance" means though. Can it also be "like Oriental Adventures," for example, or is that too far afield? It's still a fantasy medieval setting, but it's a far cry from FR or Dragonlance.

But then again, so is Dark Sun. How closely is it assumed that we follow the PHB? Does eliminating some classes and replacing them with others ala OA count against us, or is that fine?

I know I'm probably getting more specific than you want to answer, but I'm really vague on what that whole thing means still.

Oh, and another thing, and this is probably getting too far ahead anyway: if we get selected and go on, are we expected to detail new mechanics for the setting as well as the fluff? If so, do we get access to any internal WotC documents to help us do so according to the official construction engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads