WotC Seeking Your Setting Proposals (was "Big Wizard announcement")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parcher

First Post
It's fine to put all your proposals in the same envelope, provided each is accompanied by its own submission letter.

On the question of font size, we don't have any specific requirements, but, as has been said before, we recommend using your best judgment. A small font size (e.g., 6 pt. type) is less likely to be thoroughly read than a larger size. I strongly recommend cutting your proposals to the absolute minimum number of words necessary to convey your ideas.

One of the benefits of this search has been the outpouring of creative ideas from fans and from industry professionals. I certainly hope this creative energy continues well beyond the point at which we make our final selection, and that the best of the various proposals that have been developed make it onto the pages of the myriad of D20 companies out there. In my opinion, this search represents a tremendous opportunity for the industry as a whole to tap into the great settings that many of you have developed over the years.

EarthsShadow

First Post
What about the cover letter? Does the cover letter have to be totally professional or is it just something that you want our contact information on and that's it?

Just curious.

Darraketh

First Post
EarthsShadow said:
What about the cover letter? Does the cover letter have to be totally professional or is it just something that you want our contact information on and that's it?

Just curious.

The way I understand it, contact information is all that they have requested be on the cover sheet.

Name
Address
City, State ZIP

Phone Number(s) were they can reach you. Best time to call.

E-mail Address

And yes, I would make the cover letter professional. They are talking about $120,000 job.

At $30,000 a year, that would be four years salary!

I can hardly wait to spend it! lol

2WS-Steve

First Post
It's probably not worth while to worry much about the cover letter; they'll already make up their mind from the idea submission so unless your cover letter frightens them it won't figure in whether or not you're selected.

P.S. 274 on the word count; w00+!!

Ghostwind

First Post
P.S. 274 on the word count; w00+!!

Okay, I'm frightened. I know how good this guy is and if he can do it in less than 300 words then all I have to say is ""Be afraid... Be very afraid...";)

Last edited:

Undead Pete

First Post
Hmmmm.... I sent mine in a couple days ago.

Since I saw some of you posting your word counts, I went back and checked mine. I was aghast to see that it was 836 (including headings and whatnot).

However, it was in 12 point (Abadi Condensed), and didn't look bloated in the least.

Some of the competition looks extremely intimidating...and some looks laughable.

All in all, I feel the same about my chances: unlikely, but not impossible.

Darraketh

First Post
I had 206 words but I only counted words I wrote. I didn't count my name, title or any of the questions. Just words I wrote.

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Alan Kellogg's One Sentence Setting Proposal Which Covers Everything You Need to Know About the Setting.

You kill people and it's legal.

(Six words. Who'll be the first to beat that?;))

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads