• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WotC_Logan] Why is Tiamat Huge?

Andor

First Post
What you have to realize is that the Huge Tiamat is not really Tiamat. It's one of her white blood cells. The cavern they entered to face her? That was one of her nostrils. Prey she does not sneeze. Pray hard. :angel:

frankthedm

First Post
Anyone here with a tiamat mini larger than huge raise your hand.

Thought so.

Hell, only one out there IIRC is the LJN Tiamat toy.

Ral partha Limited edition Thakisis , Grenadier 'Spectral Dragons', DDM Tiamat aspect, all of those are pretty much huge.

Wotc made the right call.

pawsplay

Hero
You can always stick a Huge mini on a Gargantuan base. Putting a larger mini on a small base, despite the commendable efforts made by the DDM design team, just does not work. Plus, by the time you're looking at $50 for one mini, how many people are just going to take a magazine cover instead and cut it up to fit on the map?

doppelganger

Explorer
Anyone here with a tiamat mini larger than huge raise your hand.

Thought so.

Hell, only one out there IIRC is the LJN Tiamat toy.

Ral partha Limited edition Thakisis , Grenadier 'Spectral Dragons', DDM Tiamat aspect, all of those are pretty much huge.

Wotc made the right call.
Orcus is gargantuan but an Aspect of Orcus is large. There is a figure for the aspect of Orcus but not the actual Orcus. Tiamat is huge and her aspect is also huge. So you could use the Aspect of Tiamat figure for either Tiamat or an aspect, but you cannot use the Aspect of Orcus figure as Orcus himself.

Logan_Bonner

First Post
Judge Tiamat by her size, do you?

The main reason for making her Huge is so the miniature corresponds to using her as either an aspect or her true form (because if you're fighting a final battle against a deity, it'd be nice to have a cool visual representation of it). Of course, there's no problem making her bigger or smaller if it fits your needs better.

doppelganger

Explorer

The main reason for making her Huge is so the miniature corresponds to using her as either an aspect or her true form (because if you're fighting a final battle against a deity, it'd be nice to have a cool visual representation of it). Of course, there's no problem making her bigger or smaller if it fits your needs better.

I am desperately hoping that Tiamat is the BBEG of the Scales of War AP, so I really need a figure for her.

JackSmithIV

First Post

Many do, which is something I don't particularly understand. Rorn is also huge size. Although Tiamat is one of those gods who you'd assume would be absolutely Colossal, I much like the idea of most gods not being larger simply because they're more powerful. If Moradin, for example, was bigger than Large size, I would find him a bit silly.

Klaus

First Post
I have the Huge Tiamat, which is a nice figure, but then I also have the Gargantuan Blue Dragon, and that blows lil' Tiamat out of the water. Putting them side-by-side and it's almost funny.

I think if any mini could/should be offered as a resculpt, Tiamat is it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads