D&D 5E Would you be okay with class abilities that explicitly addressed multi-classing?

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Which was literally the second question I asked.

Which was precisely why I was asking your intentions, because your examples provide no context but look like attempts to discourage multiclassing.

I don't see either of the features he mentioned as problematic on a single classed Fighter or Paladin. However, I see some issue with other classes being able to obtain such features for a 1 level dip.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
I don't see either of the features he mentioned as problematic on a single classed Fighter or Paladin. However, I see some issue with other classes being able to obtain such features for a 1 level dip.

Sure, but they are problematic on a Fighter or Paladin with an other class dip.

I

Immortal Sun

Er...*looks at my own post, looks at yours, back at my post, then back at yours*...I was talking about multi-class characters and potential multi-classing, not single-classed characters?

Kinda scratching my head here on this one, am I missing something?

In a word, No.
I don't want rules to be written to explicitly encourage/discourage MCing.

Yep, there are already enough of those in the game. Like ASI's being based on class level and not character level. And the determining of spell slots by combining all casting levels together instead of keeping them separate. Etc.

ccs

41st lv DM
Yep, there are already enough of those in the game. Like ASI's being based on class level and not character level. And the determining of spell slots by combining all casting levels together instead of keeping them separate. Etc.

The former we kept, the latter we house ruled away.

Pauln6

Hero
I think there should be an alternate feature at level 5 if you already have extra attack but it should be minor, like an extra skil or tool.

Shiroiken

Legend
Other than getting a duplicate class benefit (i.e. Extra Attack), I don't see any purpose for it within the base classes, as multi-classing is an optional rule. I could see some sub-classes that are specifically designed to synergy with multi-classing (to create specific classic combinations), because they would only be available in a game with multi-classing.

Remove ads