• Yes

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • No

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • With changes (noted below)

Votes: 6 20.7%

mamba

Legend
Do the chars / players know that using magic is creating monsters / dragons?

I guess at one point they will have to find out, but do they know from the start? Otherwise some might be in for a rude awakening

Stormonu

Legend
Do the chars / players know that using magic is creating monsters / dragons?

I guess at one point they will have to find out, but do they know from the start? Otherwise some might be in for a rude awakening
In this version, yes - it's their primary goal to stamp out dragons and the Wizards (and other spellcasters) that are making them. Though there might be some out there trying to "fight fire with fire" or just be renegades, trying to covertly use magic and not get themselves into too much trouble. It's sort of an "aftermath" campaign following on my son's original idea.

I'm trying to get a sense about how "strict" to be anti-magic/human only folks would buy into and tweak from there.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Sounds cool, I'd play in it. It would be great for running a barbarian warrior to strike down the monstrosities preying on humanity.

Stormonu

Legend
This talk is great, it's giving me further ideas. Thinking possibly of having spell thieves, who kill magic creatures to use their spell/magic energy to power spells or items and get around creating more monstrosities.

Potions (or other magic items) could be really nasty things - made from the blood or entrails of magical creatures (or maybe a bone in the case of a magic weapon) with weird or possibly detrimental effects.

Overall, sounds very fun. I'd have some questions about system/rules (low magic can be hard, especially in 5e). But the premise is great with lots of RP opportunities, and you've done a good job of communicating the limitations for PCs.

Zardnaar

Legend
Probably not exactly as depicted. Humans only meh curated list of 6 races or whatever would be more interesting.

Magic creates more problems would depend on how it's implemented. PCs could still use it but maybe be a lot more careful with how much they use and can they change it in game say in the middle of the campaign.

Eg level 1-3 spells are fine but higher level stuff creates problems.

Basic idea is fine but not a good D&D idea in general 5E in particular. Different system wouldn't bother me at all.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
Human, Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Halfling, and Orc would be the safe bet. Maybe switch out Orc for Goliath, or maybe add a Triton as an sea fearing option alongside Sea Elves.

Remove ads