• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wreck Ashore

Venom

First Post
Zeratol who up till now had been deep in thought about important philosophical questions (like what to have for supper, and if the robe he is wearing makes him look fat) looks up. Spotting the creature he stops dead in his tracks and says to himself “Well #### me, a 7 ft tall talking monster with green scales. Now there’s something you don’t see every day”.

After having gained his composure he slowly reaches for his cross bow, checking that it is loaded (in a very “un-suspicious” manner) and says polity “Excuse me sir, but me and my friends are from the light house appreciation club, and we have been told that there is a particularly picturesque one nearby. Could you perhaps give us directions?” . :) :)

PS, I see that Papenfus got his post in seconds before I did and they don’t really read very well in their current order. For the sake of better story flow just swap the two posts around in your mind :) :).

Last edited:

Venom

First Post
Everything starts to go into slow motion, but just as Zeratol starts to think he has finally learnt how to control the Matrix he realizes it is just his VERY SLOW TEAMMATES who have not posted in days that has slowed things up. :) :) :)

mariusm

Explorer
Aahh come on guys.

Ulfar tries to encourage the group to be more understanding of those that are different :heh: . "Should we not invite our lizard friend over, maybe he did not mean to throw his javelin right at as. Let's see if we could talk about it.", inquires Ulfar. He however still readies his mace and shield, judging by the actions of the rest of the party.

gr3mlin

First Post
Astarra (being more than a little indecisive) first readies her crossbow for an attack but then lowers it slightly when Ulfar suggests talking to the creature. "We don't want any trouble, we just want to get to the lighthouse," says Astarra.

k0nfused

First Post
The lizardman readies his mace and shield when he sees everyone fiddle with their weapons - especially Gordo with the shimmering sword advancing (move 20ft. and ready an attack) on him. When first Zeratol and then Astarra mention the lighthouse he seems to relax his stance a little.

"The lighthouse? There's nobody at the lighthouse. I've not seen the lighthouse keeper or his family around for six weeks now. What business have you there? You're don't look like the pirates that patrol the swamp and even less like militia from Seawell."

Your actions please.

Last edited:

mariusm

Explorer
The Dwarf belows loud and clear for the lizardman to hear, "I am Ulfar, from the the clan Rurin, worshiper of Moradin! These are my fellow adventurers and we seek the lighthouse keeper to determine what troubles the area. I must add though, that there have been increase attacks from your kinsmen on the ships leaving Seawell and this leads us to be a bit cautious as you can tell. What is thy name so that we may speak graciously?". Hopefully Ulfar's +2 diplomacy will help sway the lizardman's opinion of the party.

Ulfar is happy he did the advanced public speaking course in his final year at the basilica... :p

Venom

First Post
Being as careful as ever (and a little paranoid) Zeratol takes a long hard look in all directions scanning the swamp for other lizardman, concerned that this guy is just buying time till the rest of his clan can surround him.

Being a little sidetracked Zeratol shouts back to the lizardman “Yeh, what the dwarf said”. :) :)

papenfus

First Post
Gordo adds his piece of wisdom to the conversation by adding: "huh???"... "no fight? no kill? no food?".... Startled by his companions aparent touch of compassion and cowerdice he is at a loss for words... He gives the Lizard a cheezy smile and waits for the conversation to delver a result............

gr3mlin

First Post
"We are trying to find out why so few ships are going to Seawell from this direction and need to see the lighthouse keeper about this. Do you know anything about this?"

k0nfused

First Post
Zeratol lets the paranoia take over as he carefully scans the area for any sign of possible hostilities - it doesn't help when he notices nothing out of the ordinary. "That army must be really well hidden," the voice in his head tells him.

Gordo stands firm, ready to attack and lets those with the gift of the gab speak.

As Ulfar finishes with his diplomatic introduction (diplomacy check of 15 + 2 = 17) Astarra chirps in and gets straight to the point.

"I am Bromyx," replies the lizardman. "My tribe lives not too far from here in the swamp. We have no business with Seawell and got along well with the lighthouse keeper. I have not seen them since the pirates set up camp a little south of the lighthouse and started sending patrols into the swamp. We stay clear of them, they attack as soon as they see anything and killing them leads to more trouble because then more come looking for them"

Your actions please.

Remove ads