• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WW's Aberrant. Metaplot question.

Pozatronic

First Post
Let me explain. Recently, I found a dog eared copy of the original Aberrant in an old rpg box in my basement. While it was the only Aberrant product I've ever owned, I have looked through a few of the other titles during my time as a book seller at a major chain. One of the biggest parts of the plot was Slider telling Corbin about the Project Utopia conspiracy. Slider is mysteriously killed, and Corbin goes into hiding. A few of the latter books touch upon this. I think it was Year One or Year Two that shows Corbin giving himself up, and Ceastus Pax and Divis Mal getting into a brawl (I'm pretty sure Divis Mal wins).

My question is this: What happens to Corbin?

I also own Aeon...er....Trinity, so I know all the Nova's, even Ceastus Pax, go all ape $#!% and...whatever else happens in that timeline. But what ever happens to Corbin?

I'd love a little plot synopsis or a link in the right direction. Thanks to anybody who could help. And if you want to take this thread into a "how cool the game could have been" direction feel free....all two of you.

Sidenote: If anybody has or can find a listing of all the characters from aberrant and whatever powers they might have had, I will love you forever and ever.

Samnell

Explorer
Pozatronic said:
My question is this: What happens to Corbin?

Assuming he survives the Mal vs. Pax slapfight? It was left undetermined, so far as I know. Worldwide: Phase I offers several outcomes.

I also own Aeon...er....Trinity, so I know all the Nova's, even Ceastus Pax, go all ape $#!% and...whatever else happens in that timeline.

To be fair, the baselines went a bit nuts too.

Sidenote: If anybody has or can find a listing of all the characters from aberrant and whatever powers they might have had, I will love you forever and ever.

Most of the major characters never had stats provided. Those little Nova Files sidebars are the most we have for the majority of them. The published adventures preferred to invent new novas rather than stat extant characters, so they're not very helpful.

The flavor text descriptions of various NPCs give you a good idea of what their core ability or two is, but the books generally implied that lots of mega-attributes and other abilities were extremely common and might appear on almost any nova. Though the Player's Guide doesn't come out and say it, it strongly implies that Mal had access to an advanced quantum power that let him grant himself new powers at will in sort of the same way that a wish duplicates extant spells.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads