X4-5: across the mountains - IC

Rhun

First Post
Aram' suspicions are not thrown off as easily as Fuller's. "Threaten me again, woman, and I shall show you just what I am capable of. If you serve The Master, and this is some sort of deception, then know that you shall die like the rest of his servants."

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=Jemal]Keira recognizes the horned sun symbol as a fairly obscure holy symbol used by a monkish order that venerates several gods. The order has a generally 'lawful' and 'good' reputation. The symbols on the staircase could represent various minor gods and are consistent with what the order believes, so the building above could well be a monastary of the order.[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Recognizing the symbol and noting the jovial attitude of the one wearing it, Kiera smiles and steps forward, gingerly moving around the fire elemental with a look of mild distaste. "Ew.. could you get rid of that thing please? I don't so much enjoy the heat." She skips quickly up to the abbot and curtsies "Kiera Elzmyr, descendant of the Great Silver, Darelzmyr Cierrelyx, and foe of any who would do ill." She raises an eyebrow at Aram's words, her previous seriousness gone - her movements before had resembled those of a hunting cat or dragon, now they were those of one in a playful mood. "Not a very trusting bunch with you, are they?" She says to the abbot in a 'stage whisper', giggling.

"Settle down boys, if you're no friends of the Master then you've nothing to fear from little old.. OH come now, I thought I asked you to put that flaming beast out.." She crosses her arm and sighs at Girgal, looking at him like a younger brother who'd just been caught reading his sister's diary.

Rhun

First Post
"Father Fuller is new to our...merry band," says Aram. He spins his twin blades in an intricate pattern, and then sheaths them with lightning quickness. "But he has proven a staunch ally in our fight against evil. I must ask you, what brings you here Kiera Elzmyr?"

renau1g

First Post
"He-He-He" Father Fuller guffaws as she admonishes Girgal, "No, they've been betrayed by some monks who had taken over my abbey, ain't too many friendly faces out here" he replies, still keeping his distance.

"Speaking of which, how'd a lone lady such as yourself find your way into the desert, what with all them bandits and such riding about?" the abbot asks.

Jemal

Adventurer
"I came on a mission from the Republic of Darokin. They sent us to find a weapon with which to defeat the Master. I have done much studying and I concur with the republic's findings that there is only one such known weapon with the power to kill him - The Crystal Dagger of Cymorakk. Unfortunately, we were ambushed and I barely escaped alive. I fear the rest of my companions did not. I've been wandering these mountains for a week, trying to make sure I was clear of being followed, and perhaps find other survivors before pressing on. And what brings the rest of you here? A mission of mercy to save the monastery above?"

Rhun

First Post
Aram wasn't sure that he could trust the newcomer, but there was only one way to find out. "Our mission is similar to yours." he says simply. "To find and slay The Master. However...we have one thing in our favor that you do not." With that, the dervish reaches beneath his cloak and withdraws a dagger, holding it before him. The dagger is made completely of crystal.

Jemal

Adventurer
The womans left eye raises as she peers closely at the dagger, muttering about its composition and reaching into her backpack. The party's tension is quickly abated however, as she pulls forth not a weapon but a journal, and begins flipping through it. "Ah yes, here it is." Kiera reaches into a side pouch and pulls forth a pair of glasses, putting them on as she reads the journal, looking back and forth from it to the dagger "Where did you find it? Have you known what it was for long? Have his agents come after you, or do they know you are in possession of the dagger?"

[sblock=ooc]
The glasses are actually my 'eyes of the eagle', but I thought it gave a better 'smart chick' feel to have her pull them out to read.
Knowledge checks to know anything about the dagger?
Arcana +17, History +15, Dungeoneering +15, Architecture/Engineering +11, Geography +11, Local +11, Nature +11, Nobility +11, Planes +11, Religion +11
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"The hilt was given to us," says the dervish. "We had to search for the blade. We found it in some old ruins in the desert. As far as whether the agents of The Master know we possess it?" Aram shrugs. "We don't know. But I do not think so."

Leif

Adventurer
Bevin "The Beguiler" Rockhammer, Beguiler9, AC:20/17/15 HP:56/56

Bevin has been watching and listening halfheartedly to all of the nonsense (in his gruff, dwarvish opinion), but he takes notice and perks up when the conversation turns to the Master and his (hopefully) impending defeat at the group's hands.

"Arr, now THAT'S more like it. Tell the wee wench again, Aram!"

Remove ads