X4-5: across the mountains - IC

Jemal

Adventurer
Kiera closes the book and stows it, walking slowly towards the dwarf. She leans down, a feral smile on her face "One thing you should know, stubble. The next time you call me wench, you'll wake up with a pink beard. I'm a lady." She clears her throat and stands up, looking happily at the others "Anyways, this is marvelous news! Now all we have to do is find the Master and kill him!"

Leif

Adventurer
Bevin "The Beguiler" Rockhammer, Beguiler9, AC:20/17/15 HP:56/56

Kiera closes the book and stows it, walking slowly towards the dwarf. She leans down, a feral smile on her face "One thing you should know, stubble. The next time you call me wench, you'll wake up with a pink beard. I'm a lady." She clears her throat and stands up, looking happily at the others "Anyways, this is marvelous news! Now all we have to do is find the Master and kill him!"
Bevin tries to answer, really he does. Unfortunately all that issues from his 'midget-bearded' mouth is a series of totally incoherent stammers. He finally gives up, and retreats to the rear of the party scowling furiously.

:mad:

[I guess somebody's got to be the comic relief for this thread. *sigh* But does it have to be me in EVERY thread??]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Aram laughs heartily, amazed to see the woman cow the dwarf. Once he finishes laughing, he again addresses Kiera. "Do you know anything of the path beyond the mountains?"

Jemal

Adventurer
"Beyond.. Hmm, I think I had some notes on that..." The woman snaps her fingers and the book flies back to her hands where she starts leafing through it again.

[sblock=ooc]
Mage Hand to retrieve the book.
I'll have to wait for the DM response to that, but I would presume Keira knows at least a little, what with all her knowledges.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Aram stands, a bit impatiently, his arms crossed over his chest. The woman's antics were amusing, but the dervish didn't trust her. She'd have to prove her worth to him before he could decide that she would be a valuable companion against The Master and his dark forces.

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=Jemal]The crystal dagger Aram shows you is blunt and awkward-looking for a weapon.

According to ancient tales, a mighty king of the desert, known as Cymorakk, had a sort of immortality while still human, and used his power to subjugate all of the neighboring peoples. His rule was harsh, his armies merciless. For years he ruled, long beyond a normal human lifespan. Mighty warriors and wizards went forth to fight him, but they all died at his hands. It looked as though the world would be forever locked into his tyrannical rule, as he only grew more powerful and cruel over time. The Crystal Dagger was created to slay him; it is not clear who made it, but you suspect it was an Immortal.

From reports you have heard, it appears that the 'Master' has obtained some kind of immortality and can not be slain by normal means. The hope is that the Crystal Dagger can help.

Beyond the mountains is Hule, the land ruled by the 'Master'. It is a theocracy, well populated but little known because of the mountain barrier.

The Great Pass is the only way through the mountains in the area. It is a long series of caverns and valleys.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer

Aram stands, a bit impatiently, his arms crossed over his chest. The woman's antics were amusing, but the dervish didn't trust her. She'd have to prove her worth to him before he could decide that she would be a valuable companion against The Master and his dark forces.
"Never fear, Keira, we do not all share Aram's dour, unfriendly nature! Personally, I think that 'amusement' is a quite good basis for a lasting friendship!" ;)

(And for Aram: :p )

Rhun

First Post
"I'll let you in on a little secret, Kiera," says the dervish, rolling his eyes at the dwarf. "We keep the dwarf around purely for entertainment. We dress him in motley when we break for the night, and he keeps us entertained with his crazed capering about. It is really a sight to see. I'm told he was kept for some time in a gnomish circus."

OOC: Right back at Bevin.

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 66/66, F +11,R+8,W+14

"What are you muttering about? Are you all go insane? We just were tricked by shape changers and now you show her the dagger!" Girgal says in a low growling voice, but changes the fire to an air elemental.

Ripclaw, sensing his anger hisses.

[sblock=ooc]
Use summon elemental feat.

----

Ripclaw: Hide+15, Move Silently+10

Will use the Summon feat for flavor in out-of-combat situation, alternating between different elements.

Spot +17, Listen +18

Spells:
0 (6) - cure minor wounds x2, light x2, detect magic x2
1 (4) – (jump), produce flame x2, faery fire, cure light wounds - obscuring mist
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle – snake swiftness, mass
3 (3) – (protection from energy), stone shape, spirit jaws, blindsight – greater magic fang
4 (2) – (freedom of movement), blast of sand, enhance wildshape – SNA 4
5 (2) - (tree stride), SNA 5 - animal growth

Ripclaw has:
HP 57
AC: (with barkskin) 30 (T15, FF25)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+15, Move Silently+10
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer

"I'll let you in on a little secret, Kiera," says the dervish, rolling his eyes at the dwarf. "We keep the dwarf around purely for entertainment. We dress him in motley when we break for the night, and he keeps us entertained with his crazed capering about. It is really a sight to see. I'm told he was kept for some time in a gnomish circus."
OOC: Right back at Bevin.
Bevin trust Kiera's ability to snif out b.s. when confronted with it!
double :p to Aram!

Remove ads