D&D 5E XP for Gold (without the XP)

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
My experience with training costs, however well intentioned, is parties forever in debt to generous patrons, and an attitude to dungeon exploration exemplified by questions like, "How much are those curtains worth, do we think?" I know (and play with) DM's who still enjoy this mode of play, but it's not for me.
It is a mode of play I’m interested in exploring. But it’s understandable if it’s not to your tastes.

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
Oh, interesting! I would have expected them to prioritize leveling up first, and gear after. I also suspect since I’m going to be running this campaign open-table style that my players will be less inclined to lend each other gold given that they won’t be able to count on always being with the same party.
So far as I can tell from their discussions, they look at what a class may get next level and, if it's not very exciting, they're likely to put that money elsewhere. They also spend it on leveling up backups to 3rd level since that's only like 900 gp each.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
So far as I can tell from their discussions, they look at what a class may get next level and, if it's not very exciting, they're likely to put that money elsewhere. They also spend it on leveling up backups to 3rd level since that's only like 900 gp each.
That makes a lot of sense.

Dungeon Delver's Guide

An Advertisement

Advertisement4